The First Flight of the Excelsior
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
|Quest Giver||Alphinaud - The Pillars (x14, y11)|
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|Hour of Departure||Systematic Exploration|
- Speak with Y'shtola.
- Speak with Alphinaud to journey to Azys Lla.
- Speak with Cid.
- The game will soon be afoot, and Alphinaud is keen to assemble the players.
- With work on the Enterprise nearing completion, Alphinaud bids you tell Y'shtola to make ready for departure.
- You find Y'shtola in uncommonly good cheer─in stark contrast to Estinien, who seems to take her positivity as a personal affront. As you look on bemused, a tense exchange ensues in which Y'shtola warns Estinien that the Eye will consume him given the slightest opportunity. Of course, the dragoon is having none of it. As he strides off, Urianger arrives bearing a gift of white auracite, found among Moenbryda's last effects, thus rounding off your unexpectedly eventful errand. Rejoin Alphinaud at the airship landing.
- You inform Alphinaud of the party's readiness to set forth. The time has come to journey to the stage of the final battle─Azys Lla.
- You take your place aboard the new and improved Enterprise Excelsior, and after a journey of what feels like mere moments, gain sight of Azys Lla. As promised, the newly installed aetheric ram makes short work of the Allagan barrier, but you have no time to celebrate, as an imperial battleship appears in your wake and opens fire. Hopelessly outmatched, you prepare for the end, only to spy Ysayle riding to the rescue upon Hraesvelgr's back. Transforming into Shiva, she engages the enemy battleship single-handed, and succeeds in incapacitating it at the cost of her own life.
When you subsequently arrive in Azys Lla, you say a silent prayer for the allies who have paid the ultimate price that you might fight on.
- All are determined that Ysayle's sacrifice should not be in vain. Join your companions at the dome-like structure, and ask Cid for further instructions.
- Cid declares the area safe, and calls a meeting to discuss the next step.