Lady of the Vortex
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
|Quest Giver||Cid - New Gridania (x11, y14)|
|Reward|| 24380 3208 |
, , ,
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|Better Late than Never||Reclamation|
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- With Cid's modifications now installed, the Enterprise is finally ready to make the journey to the Howling Eye.
- Stirred by the familiar roar of the Enterprise's engines, Cid endeavors to recall his past, but try though he might, he is unable to navigate the dark corridors of his mind alone. But what if he had company? Wielding the power of the Echo, you guide him through a series of forgotten memories, detailing the path that led the once loyal engineer to turn his back on Garlemald and flee to Eorzea. When you finally awake from the visions, Cid triumphantly declares that he remembers everything-- his name, his people, and his purpose. Shortly thereafter, he guides the Enterprise through Garuda's wall of wind without incident, delivering you to the Howling Eye at long last. Speak with Alphinaud before proceeding into the primal's sanctuary.
- Alphinaud declares that the end is at hand-- be it Garuda's or your own. Strike ffear into the hearts of beastmen across Eorzea by defeating the Lady of the Vortex.
- The Howling Eye can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- Amidst the whirling winds, you succeed in striking down the Lady of the Vortex, only to see her rise once more, reinvigorated by the belief of her Ixali disciples. Yet the beastmen's prayers come to naught when Garuda's attempt to temper you fails, prompting a mysterious force to tear a Crystal of Light from her breast. It is at this moment that Gaius van Baelsar enters the fray, seemingly bent on goading the defeated primal into one final act of defiance. Garuda duly obliges, slaughtering her captive kobolds an Amalj'aa whose cries of agony serve to summon their own patron deities. As Garuda prepares to consume the aether of her lesser brethren, the Black Wolf calls forth an unknown imperial weapon which summarily dispatches and seemingly absorbs all three primals. Wholly unprepared to face this awe-inspiring new foe, you have no choice but to flee for your life.
- Safely back aboard the Enterprise, with the imperial forces now fast-diminishing specks upon the horizon, Cid and Alphinaud begin to discuss how to address this grave new threat. Believing the best course of action is to reform the Scions of the Seventh Dawn, they decide to return to the Waking Sands. Having safely arrived in Ul'dah, speak with Alphinaud prior to continuing on to Vesper Bay.
- Alphinaud reiterates that the beast tribes and their primals are no longer a threat, and that all efforts must now be focused upon destroying the Empire's ultimate weapon. But having seen what you have seen, it is plain that this task will ask far more of you than any you have undertaken thus far. For Eorzea's sake, you must hope that you are up to the challenge.