- It was introduced in Patch 3.3.
Entering the Aquapolis
- Level Requirement: No level requirement (Combat Classes and Jobs only)
- People are free to change their combat classes and jobs inside the Aquapolis.
- Item Level Requirement: None
- Item Level Sync: Item level 180
- Party Size: Eight players
- Time Limit: 60 minutes
Players will have the chance to transport themselves and any nearby party members to the Aquapolis by opening treasure chests located using Dragonskin Treasure Maps (50% chance of spawning the portal after completing one). Upon opening these chests, should players either encounter a server error or be unable to enter within the specified time limit due to instances being fully occupied, they will receive the Master Thief's Map. Players with the master thief's map in their possession will be able to summon a teleportation ward by using the general action Dig near the area indicated on the map.
Progressing through the Aquapolis
Treasure chests located in the Aquapolis are armed with traps, which, when triggered, will release enemies from their cages. Upon defeating them, the player who used the dragonskin treasure map will be able to open the treasure chest and retrieve the reward and a Vault Key within.
The Vault Key can be used to open one of the two available doors. Should your party be lucky enough to choose the correct one (50% chance), you will be allowed to progress on to subsequent chambers, and eventually fight your way to the final chamber.
Leaving the Aquapolis
Players will be removed from Aquapolis should one of the following occurs:
- The wrong vault door is chosen.
- There are no party members present on the battlefield when enemies are released and the chamber is sealed.
Please note that during battle, incapacitated party members will not be returned to the starting area, and must be revived using either actions or items. In the event the party is defeated, all players will be removed from the Aquapolis and cannot reenter the instance.
Bonus Mob Spawns
- Multiple Arges can spawn at the same time.
- Have not seen more than 2 at a time.
- Multiple golden goblins can spawn at the same time.
- Have not seen more than 3 at a time.
- Multiple Arges and goblins can spawn throughout the run across multiple floors
- Getting one, doesn't mean you wont get more. I've seen one run with a goblin on floors 2, 4,5,6,7.
- Arges and Goblins can spawn at the same time
- Flashing Light bordered door is 100% the correct door all the times- picking the opposite door will fail you unless Rainbow decides to save you.
There are three tiers of rewards in the Aquapolis. Chambers one through three contain the lowest tier of rewards, chambers four through six the second tier, and the final chamber contains the highest tier of rewards. Players will also be granted rewards of a higher grade upon defeating rare enemies that appear.
- Astral Silk - common drop
- Carbon Fiber - common drop
- Glass Fiber - rare drop
- Holy Water - common drop
- Moonbeam Thread - common drop
- Odorless Fat - common drop
- Pellitory - semi-common drop
- Skyspring Water - very common drop
- Treant Sap - common drop
- Tier III - drops from Arges
- Tier IV - drops from Arges
- Tier V - drops from Arges
- Baby Opo-opo
- Dwarf Rabbit - only drops in Aquapolis
- Lesser Panda
- Minute Mindflayer
- Mummy's Little Mummy
- Paissa Brat
- Page 63
- Tight-beaked Parrot
- Tiny Bulb
- Ugly Duckling
- On Windy Meadows Orchestrion Roll
- Twilight over Thanalan Orchestrion Roll
- Whisper of the Land Orchestrion Roll
Those who frequent one of Eorzea's many crowded pubs may have heard tell of a certain master thief, in whose long and illustrious career were left countless collectors cursing the gods for their misfortune. Amusing as the stories often are, most dismiss them as cautionary tales, mere parables against material greed. But if there is a kernel of truth in them─if indeed there was a thief who filled an ancient aquapolis with unimaginable wealth─then perhaps the map you hold will lead you there...