Scream Blue Murder
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Scream Blue Murder
Martyn seems even more distracted than usual.
— In-game description
Faze is used by:
|Qiqirn Eggdigger||13||Spoken||Qiqirn||Lower La Noscea (18,35)|
|Qiqirn Gullroaster||30-32||Spoken||Qiqirn||Eastern La Noscea (26,32)|
|Qiqirn Scrambler||10||Spoken||Qiqirn||Central Shroud (17.2,19.8)|
|Qiqirn Shellsweeper||4-9||Spoken||Qiqirn||Central Thanalan (16,19)|
- Rendezvous with Royse at Scholars' Walk.
- Rendezvous with Royse in Hammerlea.
- Defeat the suspicious fellows.
- Speak with Martyn.
- Speak with Martyn in Ul'dah.
- Martyn seems even more distracted than usual.
- Despite having sent you to learn Faze, Martyn shows little interest when you appear to demonstrate the fruits of your labors. Instead, he asks you to come back at some other time, claiming that he has more pressing matters at hand. As he leaves to tend to said business, Royse arrives and expresses to you her concerns regarding Martyn's increasingly obvious monetary woes. Although he earns a fair wage performing in the Celestium, his debts appear to be growing. Where he spends these vast amounts of gil is anyone's guess, and his assistants appear to have been left in the dark as to his clandestine activities. Eager to get to the bottom of this mystery, Royse suggests that you help her track Martyn's movements in order to determine whether he is involved with anything that would bring the Celestium into disrepute.
- You and Royse spy Martyn leaving the Alchemists' Guild, having apparently concluded some business there. Rather than stopping to inquire with the guild members what this might be, you decide against letting Martyn out of your sight, and continue trailing him.
- On the outskirts of the city, you find Martyn engaged in a transaction with two shadowy figures, their faces concealed beneath dark hoods. You are able to catch enough of their conversation to ascertain that the item in question is none other than dream flowers─highly illegal and used in the production of somnus. Royse is unable to hide her surprise and her sudden outburst gives away your position to the black marketeers. They decide the most effective way to silence the witnesses to their dealings is a blade between the ribs, and they pounce to attack.
- You swiftly dispatch the assailants with your nascent blue magic, which has come on leaps and bounds since you first met Martyn. Thankfully, your mentor and Royse are also unscathed, having been saved by your timely intervention from an untimely death.
- Royse is furious with Martyn for involving himself in illicit activities, prompting the blue mage to finally reveal the reasons for his recent behavior. He states emphatically that the dream flowers he has been buying on the black market are for use in a medicine created to fight an epidemic that has spread from Eorzea to the New World. Feeling that he is partly responsible for carrying the disease to the Whalaqee, he is prepared to face both financial ruin and bodily harm to secure a steady supply of the medicine. Taken aback by Martyn's fervent commitment to the cause, Royse reconsiders her position, and not only allows him to continue at the Celestium, but grants him the opportunity to perform in more shows, and even offers to help him find another source of dream flowers.
- By the time you arrive in Ul'dah, it seems that Martyn and Royse have already decided a new schedule at the arena that includes more shows featuring the Great Azuro. Royse has also introduced Martyn to a merchant who can provide the dream flowers in a state that circumvents any legal obstacles to their purchase. Considering that Martyn's time will now be almost entirely dedicated to entertaining audiences in the Celestium, you will need to train alone for the most part, relying on the wild beasts to teach you their techniques. He suggests that you learn the spell 1,000 Needles before returning to report your progress to Latool Ja.