And My Axe
- This article is about the level 60 warrior job quest. For the level 62 blacksmith levequest, see And My Axe (Levequest).
And My Axe
Broken Mountain is steeling himself for the decisive battle.
— In-game description
The coffer contents are the Artifact Armor for Heavensward, which is Item Level 210 former Allagan Tomestone of Esoterics gear. The coffer was added to this quest with the launch of Stormblood. The rest of the set is available at Yolaine in Foundation (X:13.1, Y:11.9) for Centurio Seals.
- Speak with Curious Gorge.
- Rouse Curious Gorge with a /slap.
- Speak with Falkbryda at Camp Skull Valley.
- Speak with Eynzahr at South Tidegate.
- Speak with Curious Gorge.
- Decimate the Sahagin forces!
- Broken Mountain is steeling himself for the decisive battle.
- Broken Mountain informs you that the Sahagin have begun their assault on the tidegates. Although Curious Gorge remains doubtful about his ability to control his inner beast, the defense will require two warriors for it to be successful. Broken Mountain will not let you and his brother shoulder all of the burden, however, and he informs you that he will aid you with what limited healing magicks he has at his disposal. Speak with Curious Gorge for further details of the defensive operation.
- The three burly Roegadyn fighters are ready to depart for the decisive battle. Wheiskaet informs you that the Sahagin plan to use massive seabeasts to overrun the tidegate, and that he will be joining you despite the wounds he suffered in his fight with the primal Titan. Curious Gorge, still overcome with self-doubt, asks you to once again dispel the fear from his heart with an inspiring /slap to the face.
- Your slap serves to rouse Curious Gorge's inner beast even more so than his fight with the kobolds, restoring his confidence and preparing him for his fight against the Sahagin threat. With a newfound courage, he rushes to Camp Skull Valley─follow him and speak with Storm Commander Falkbryda to receive a briefing on your critical mission.
- Your allies are all waiting at the southern gate for the fury of the Sahagin. Speak with Storm Marshal Eynzahr to start the desperate battle.
- The Sahagin come in waves, one after the other, only to be cut down like fish to the slaughter. Curious Gorge fights at a fever pitch, eventually falling to the ground in a struggle to control his inner beast. In the last desperate moment, he triumphantly quells the rising fury of his inner beast, at last conquering it for good. Then, in a futile attempt to break through the tidegate's mighty defenders, the Sahagin captain attacks with his massive seabeast, but they fall quickly before the full strength of two unbridled warriors. With the Sahagin threat finally quelled, speak with Curious Gorge to celebrate this tremendous victory together.
- Curious Gorge and his brother are ecstatic that the former was able to finally tame his inner beast, but that is not the only good news waiting for them. With the Sahagin threat quelled, Storm Marshal Eynzahr informs them that the Maelstrom will move forward with its plan to train its troops in the way of the warrior, and that Maelstrom Command has requested that the two brothers be the first two to teach the fledgling warriors. Little by little, the dream that they carried down with them from their humble mountain village will come to pass, as more people of Eorzea learn the teachings of their ancestors. Curious Gorge, fueled by his new confidence, swears that he will master the techniques of eld, and promises a fearsome duel once you both reach the peak of your martial prowess. Take care not to neglect your training, lest one day Curious Gorge become the mightiest warrior in Eorzea.