The Path of the Righteous
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Path of the Righteous
- Quest giver
- Coerthas Central Highlands (X:12.8, Y:17.4)
- Quest line
- Seventh Astral Era
- Previous quest
- First Blood
- Next quest
- For the Greater Good
- EDB GT
Lord Drillemont recognizes that the situation in Snowcloak is coming to a head and that decisive action must be taken.
— In-game description
- Speak with Aymeric at Snowcloak.
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- Speak with the stalwart Temple Knight.
- Enter Snowcloak.
- Report to Alphinaud.
- Lord Drillemont recognizes that the situation in Snowcloak is coming to a head and that decisive action must be taken.
- Lord Drillemont fears that the heretics may fall upon the allied forces at Snowcloak before reinforcements can reach them. Lest they be taken unawares, he bids you make haste to the frozen wall and warn Ser Aymeric of the danger.
- Your warning comes as little surprise to Ser Aymeric, who reveals that he had been anticipating an attack. Keen to reassure you, he pledges to place his knights on high alert. Perhaps Alphinaud will wish to do the same.
- Even as Alphinaud laments the search operation's lack of progress, two heretics reveal themselves and charge towards the startled young man. Before you can rise to his defense, Yda appears as if from nowhere and subdues the heretics with a flurry of blows. The battle for Snowcloak has begun, and for a moment, Alphinaud is concerned─until the fortuitous discovery of a promising tunnel serves to brighten his spirits. Alas, the tunnel is rather narrow, and will not accommodate more than a handful of troops at a time. Given that additional numbers may prove more a hindrance than a help, it is decided that the task of charting the tunnel should be entrusted to a small and highly mobile party of seasoned adventurers. Speak with the stalwart Temple Knight to learn the location of the tunnel's entrance.
- Were it not for the knight's directions, you would never have found the tunnel's entrance, which even now appears to be nothing more than a continuous piece of ice. What dangers lie within Iceheart's secret fortress? You know only that the heretics are expecting you─and that it would be a pity to disappoint them.
- ※Challenge Snowcloak with other players via the Duty Finder, or with a party of NPCs via Duty Support. Both systems are accessible from the main menu as well as the dungeon's entrance point.
- “What we do, we do for the greater good.”
- ...The words of a true believer, spoken in all solemnity by the woman once known as Ysayle. It is plain that she will not be swayed from her path. Though weary from your previous encounter, you prepare yourself for battle, only to see your foe make instead for the nearby aetheryte and teleport away. Iceheart has eluded you.
- Though you failed to apprehend Iceheart, you have driven the heretics from their lair. Hopefully Alphinaud will take comfort in this partial victory.
- Alphinaud receives your report with surprising optimism, turning his thoughts to how recent events might contribute to the Crystal Braves' good repute. Of course, everything is contingent upon the successful prevention of Shiva's summoning. But with the aid of the Scions─and you in particular─the young commander is confident that all will turn out as it should.
Drillemont: Time is of the essence, [Forename]. While my knights make ready to depart, the heretics may take our allies in Snowcloak unawares. Drillemont: Superior training and equipment will avail them naught if they are cut down ere their swords are drawn. But all is not yet lost. If you leave now, there may still be time to warn them. Drillemont: Make haste, I beseech you! Fly to Snowcloak and tell Ser Aymeric everything we have discovered. Drillemont: Ser Aymeric must know of the heretics' plans. Hurry, [Forename], before it is too late!
Aymeric: [Forename]. This is a welcome surprise─perhaps the only one thus far. As you can see, we have yet to uncover any hidden─ Aymeric: ...You have my gratitude. Truth be told, we suspected the heretics might be plotting such an attack. Now that we have confirmation, I shall place my knights on high alert. Aymeric: Has Commander Leveilleur been informed? The Braves must be made aware. Aymeric: Hmm... If Halone is kind, we may chance to espy our foes in the act of emerging from their tunnels... It would be most useful to know where they lead.
Alphinaud: Ser Aymeric? He's over there. Have words with the man if you must─we shall speak anon.
(-Taciturn Temple Knight-)We are at a disadvantage here... We should linger no longer than necessary.
Yuyuhase: Gods bless whoever designed this uniform. I would have frozen to death by now if it weren't for this greatcoat!
Stalwart Temple Knight: How could any man hope to tunnel through ice this thick? It would be the work of years...
Alphinaud: It must be here! I am certain of it! Why else would they go to such lengths to defend Snowcloak? Alphinaud: 'Tis but a pity this discovery comes when our enemy has us at such a disadvantage. Forewarned though we be─the heretics know the terrain far better than we. I dare not think how many are watching us at this very moment... Alphinaud: Confound it! This is all wrong. Iceheart has us scrambling to save our own skins when we should rightly be straining every sinew to find her, and stop this damnable summoning!
(-???-)There she is! (-Heretic-)Come here, girl!
Yda: That was close! They didn't hurt you, did they?
Alphinaud: ...Only my pride, Yda. Alphinaud: There will be others nearby. We must see that they are given a similarly warm welcome.
Yuyuhase: Commander Leveilleur! Yuyuhase: There's been a development, sir! Together with the Temple Knights, we have secured the entrances to some half-dozen tunnels, after spotting the enemy breaking the surface. But that is not all, sir─we think that one of them may be important. Certainly, the heretics near flung themselves upon our swords to defend it.
Alphinaud: A-ha! Just as I suspected! Amongst this warren of tunnels lies the entrance to Iceheart's lair! Summon the others─we're going in!
Papalymo: A moment, Alphinaud! The tunnel in question is barely wide enough for two men abreast. We cannot say with any certainty where it leads, much less what is waiting for us there. Papalymo: Furthermore, we have no way of knowing how many heretics are still lurking here on the surface! What if they were to converge on this point after we entered the tunnel? For all we know, we could be funneling our forces into a trap!
Alphinaud: ...I take your point. If the tunnel is indeed as narrow as you say, greater numbers would be more a hindrance than a help. Should we encounter difficulty, our own allies would become an obstacle to escape. Alphinaud: Ahem! A change of plans. While we rendezvous with Ser Aymeric and keep the heretics at bay here, you will go wherever that tunnel leads. Alphinaud: If you find Iceheart at the end of it─do not let her escape. Alphinaud: You venture into the unknown, so see that you are prepared for anything. I suggest you call upon your allies─though not too many or Papalymo will sulk. Alphinaud: We will hold the line, [Forename]. You may concentrate on the task at hand.
Aymeric: I am informed that Commander Leveilleur has asked you to lead a party down one of the tunnels. A characteristically daring proposition... Yet I can think of no one better qualified for the task. I bid you good fortune.
Stalwart Temple Knight: The entrance to the tunnel, sir/madam? It's just over here. Stalwart Temple Knight: Had we not seen the heretics breaking the surface, we would never have noticed it... Stalwart Temple Knight: Per Ser Aymeric's orders, we will stand guard outside. Please be aware that even should you encounter significant resistance, we cannot leave our post.
Aymeric: We have established a defensive perimeter. You need not worry about attack from the rear. Aymeric: May the Fury guide and protect you, [Forename].
Stalwart Temple Knight: Even knowing what to look for, it's easy to miss. And the covering of ice doesn't take long to reform either. Stalwart Temple Knight: How many more tunnels like this might there be in Snowcloak? Come to think of it, how many might there be throughout Coerthas?
Alphinaud: That took longer than I expected. What news, [Forename]? Alphinaud: So Iceheart is but a pseudonym─not that it matters. Alphinaud: That she managed to escape is regrettable, but from your description of that beast, you did well to come as close as you did. Alphinaud: In any case, now that you have cleared a path, the Temple Knights can begin to survey the tunnels in earnest. Alphinaud: Mayhap they will even find a route past the ice wall. Wouldn't that do wonders for their fight against the heretics. Alphinaud: The Crystal Braves would certainly share the credit for it too. Twelve be praised, [Forename]─we may yet turn this situation to our advantage. Alphinaud: ...Assuming we stop Iceheart before she summons Shiva, of course. Alphinaud: Needless to say, our fellow Scions have not been idle. Minfilia and Urianger have been busy perusing the archives of House Fortemps, gathering what information they can on Shiva. Alphinaud: Which reminds me, if you were intending to trudge back to Camp Dragonhead to report on the day's events─don't. The Antecedent should be here any minute. I can only assume some people enjoy subjecting themselves to this cold. <shiver>
Aymeric: Though I did not doubt that you would return, I am nonetheless relieved to see my judgment validated.
(-Taciturn Temple Knight-)'Tis a blessing you are still with us. Commander Leveilleur took to pacing in your absence.
Yuyuhase: Is it finished? Does that mean we can leave this godsforsaken place? I can't feel my─ Uh, forgive me. I should not keep you from Commander Leveilleur.