The Path of the Righteous
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Path of the Righteous
— In-game description
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- Speak with the stalwart Temple Knight.
- Report to Alphinaud.
- Lord Drillemont fears that the heretics may fall upon the allied forces at Snowcloak before reinforcements can reach them. Lest they be taken unawares, he bids you make haste to the frozen wall and warn Ser Aymeric of the danger.
- Your warning comes as little surprise to Ser Aymeric, who reveals that he had been anticipating an attack. Keen to reassure you, he pledges to place his knights on high alert. Perhaps Alphinaud will wish to do the same.
- Even as Alphinaud laments the search operation's lack of progress, two heretics reveal themselves and charge towards the startled young man. Before you can rise to his defense, Yda appears as if from nowhere and subdues the heretics with a flurry of blows. The battle for Snowcloak has begun, and for a moment, Alphinaud is concerned -- until the fortuitous discovery of a promising tunnel serves to brighten his spirits. Alas, the tunnel is rather narrow, and will not accommodate more than a handful of troops at a time. Given that additional numbers may prove more a hindrance than a help, it is decided that the task of charting the tunnel should be entrusted to a small and highly mobile party of seasoned adventurers. Speak with the stalwart Temple Knight to learn the location of the tunnel's entrance.
- Were it not for the knight's directions, you would never have found the tunnel's entrance, which even now appears to be nothing more than a continuous piece of ice. What dangers lie within Iceheart's secret fortress? You know only that the heretics are expecting you -- and that it would be a pity to disappoint them.
※Snowcloak can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- “What we do, we do for the greater good.” ...The words of a true believer, spoken in all solemnity by the woman once known as Ysayle. It is plain that she will not be swayed from her path. Though weary from your previous encounter, you prepare yourself for battle, only to see your foe make instead for the nearby aetheryte and teleport away. Iceheart has eluded you.
- Though you failed to apprehend Iceheart, you have driven the heretics from their lair. Hopefully Alphinaud will take comfort in this partial victory.
- Alphinaud receives your report with surprising optimism, turning his thoughts to how recent events might contribute to the Crystal Braves' good repute. Of course, everything is contingent upon the successful prevention of Shiva's summoning. But with the aid of the Scions -- and you in particular -- the young commander is confident that all will turn out as it should.