— In-game description
- Optional rewards
You must complete the version of My Little Chocobo for your Grand Company before you can progress. You should have received the Company Seals you need way back when you first selected a Grand Company. However, if you spent them already, then they can quickly be earned by completing a few FATEs, doing a couple Grand Company Guildleves, or running Duty Roulette: Leveling as the "adventurer in need."
Tactics for the duel with Rhitahtyn sas Arvina
Patch 6.1 removed Cape Westwind and converted the encounter with Rhitahtyn into a solo quest battle. As this is newly made content, players will experience a difficutly spike with this instance and several subsequent others.
- Tartarean Earthquake: This is a point blank AOE around Rhitahtyn. Move away from it to avoid getting hit.
- Gales of Tartarus: A line AoE. Move out of the line to avoid it.
- Magitek Missles: A series of circle AoEs in a line along the area. Watch for the direction that the circles appear, and move out of the way to avoid them.
- Tartarean Fore: Rhitahtyn will cast a purple shield in front of him. You will take damage if you hit the Rhitahtyn from the direction that he is shielding. If his shield is in front of him, you must hit him from the sides or behind to avoid being damaged.
- Tartarean Tomb: Rhitahtyn will jump to the center of the arena and cause two flames to go toward the edge of the area, then a point blank AoE appears around each flame. Go to the edge of the area and make sure you are far away from both flames. Rhitahtyn then does this a second time, and afterward, he jumps toward you and casts the point-blank AoE Tartarean Earthquake, so be sure to move away from Rhitahtyn as soon as the two circle AoEs from the flames disappear.
- Tartarean Impact: At around 10-15% health remaining, he will repeatedly cast unavoidable damage. Deplete his remaining health to stop him before too much damage is dealt.
※ When Rhitahtyn reaches 0% health, three Imperial Centurions and an Imperial Pilus Prior will come to their commander's aid. Focus on downing one add at a time as all four at once can quickly overwhelm your health. Though untargetable, Rhitahtyn will occasionally cast Drill Shot, a line AoE, so be sure to dodge this as well.
Once the adds are defeated, Rhitahtyn will heal to 100% and empower his abilities to strike even harder than before. These modifications and new abilities include:
- Vicious Charge: An attack that will Stun you for three seconds.
- Tartarean Shockwave: A point-blank AoE that is much larger than Tartarean Earthquake, so run fast to get out of it's range.
- Gales of Tartarus: This ability will now cover the entire area in front of Rhitahtyn rather than just being a line AOE.
- Magitek Missiles: The first line of circle AoEs is accompanied by a second and third line of circle AoEs, so be sure to watch each line to find a safe place to move to.
- Tartarean Tomb: The ability now creates four flames instead of just two. Look for the place where the flames are farthest apart, and go to the edge of the area between those two flames. After the first set of flames casts their point-blank AoEs, Rhitahtyn will go to the center again and cast another set of four. Go to the safe spot, but be prepared to run away from Rhitahtyn as soon as this second set of flames casts their point-blank AoEs, because Rhitahtyn will then cast Tartarean Shockwave.
When Rhitahtyn reaches 0% health for a second time, there will be a mid-fight cutscene. Afterwards, he heals to 55%, Binds you, and casts Magitek Missiles, creating a flame underneath both of you. You will be immobile for the entirety of this phase and take continuous damage from the Burns debuff from the flame puddle. The only way to break it is to reduce Rhitahtyn to 0% for a third and last time as fast as possible.
- Shrapnel Shell: Rhitahtyn will repeatedly cast a cone AOE that cannot be avoided due to the bind. If necessary, heal through it.
- Unshakeable Loyalty: Rhitahtyn's health continues to wane as the stacks increase everytime he casts Sharpnel Shell.
※ It is ideal to finish Rhitahtyn by the fourth Shrapnel Shell cast, because afterwards they become very difficult to survive.
- Speak with the Allied communications officer.
- Report to Adalbert in front of the imperial outpost.
- Examine the designated location to confront Rhitahtyn sas Arvina at Cape Westwind.
- Report to the Allied communications officer.
- So begins Operation Archon, the Eorzean Alliance's eleventh-hour bid to purge the realm of the imperial menace. Suffice it to say, your role in the counteroffensive will be crucial to its success. Proceed to the Immortal Flames encampment north of Vesper Bay, and speak with the Allied communications officer to receive your orders.
- The Immortal Flames stand ready to launch their assault on the imperial outpost at Cape Westwind. Make your way to the staging point situated before the enemy stronghold, and report for duty to Lieutenant Adalbert.
- Phase one of Operation Archon is now in motion. Enter the imperial outpost and fight your way through to the innermost sector, where a confrontation with Rhitahtyn sas Arvina awaits.
- At the end of a fierce struggle, you deal Rhitahtyn his death-blow, consigning the first Roegadyn to hold the rank of praefectus to history. Phase one of Operation Archon has ended in success.
- With Rhitahtyn's demise, the forces garrisoned at Castrum Occidens have been thrown into disarray. For now, withdraw to the Immortal Flames encampment north of Vesper Bay, and report to the Allied communications officer.
- The time has come to commence the second phase of Operation Archon. When you are ready, request further orders from the Allied communications officer.
System: In order to proceed with this quest, you must first complete the quest “My Little Chocobo (Maelstrom/Twin Adder/Immortal Flames).” System: You may accept the quest “My Little Chocobo (Maelstrom/Twin Adder/Immortal Flames)” by speaking with R'ashaht Rhiki at Maelstrom Command/Vorsaile Heuloix at the Adders' Nest/Commander Swift at the Hall of Flames.
Allied Communications Officer: You are well come, [Forename] [Surname] of the Scions. As communications officer, it falls to me to issue you your orders, and provide guidance on forthcoming missions. Allied Communications Officer: Your first mission is to infiltrate the imperial outpost at Cape Westwind and eliminate Praefectus Rhitahtyn sas Arvina. Allied Communications Officer: All participating units are now in position and awaiting your arrival. Please proceed to the staging point and report to Lieutenant Adalbert. Allied Communications Officer: This is but the first step in our bid to purge the realm of the Garlean menace. I shall pray for your success!
Adalbert: Go now, [Forename], and bring us Rhitahtyn's head! May Rhalgr grant you strength!
System: You must be a Disciple of War or Magic of level 49 or above to proceed.
Rhitahtyn: <pant> <pant> You are stronger than I had expected... Rhitahtyn: But I have my honor! I cannot─I will not yield!
Allied Communications Officer: Scion [Surname]! Your deeds this day are an inspiration to us all! Allied Communications Officer: With the death of the praefectus, Operation Archon has entered its second phase. Even as we speak, the Maelstrom moves to blockade Castrum Occidens and Castrum Marinum. Allied Communications Officer: And far to the east, in the Black Shroud, the Order of the Twin Adder advances upon Castrum Oriens. Allied Communications Officer: Already, you have done much to advance our cause, performing such feats as are worthy of song─but if our plan is to succeed, more is required of you. Allied Communications Officer: Let me know when your preparations are in order, and I shall relay to you the particulars of your next mission. Allied Communications Officer: The assault on Cape Westwind is but the first step in our bid to purge the realm of the Garlean menace. I shall pray for your success!