Lord of the Hive
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lord of the Hive
- Quest giver
- The Dravanian Forelands (X:30, Y:37)
- Quest line
- Heavensward Main Scenario
— In-game description
- Surrender to the Gnath.
- Enter the inner chamber.
- Speak with Ysayle.
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- You have forced your way deep into the heart of Loth ast Gnath, provoking an ever more frenzied response from its many defenders. Satisfied with the chaos you have sown, Ysayle bids you offer no further resistance to the soldiers swarming about you. Surrender quietly, and allow the Gnath to take you prisoner.
- The Gnath have taken you to a cave on the far side of the hive. Could this be where you will meet their mysterious deity? Enter the inner chamber, and see what manner of being awaits you.
- You do not have to wait long before Lord Ravana, Master of the Sacred Blades and Wrath of the Colony, arrives to claim his sacrifices. Seizing the opportunity, Ysayle boldly questions the primal about his war with the dragons, before challenging him to a contest of might. Not one to shy away from a fight, Ravana accepts, and terms are duly agreed. If you prevail, the Gnath must cease hostilities with the Dravanians; but should Ravana emerge the victor, you will join his army as eternal thralls. Having goaded the primal into giving his word, Ysayle draws upon the energy of the Gnath's hoarded crystals to transform herself into Saint Shiva, and battle is joined. Even with Shiva's great strength, however, the heretic leader is no match for Ravana's flashing blades. As Ysayle sinks to her knees, defeated, the triumphant god's eyes alight on you. Take to the field and match your prowess against the self-proclaimed Conqueror of the World!
※Thok ast Thok (Hard) can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- After a long and furious battle, Lord Ravana at last lays down his blades defeated. He duly proclaims you the victor by sacred rite of combat, and vows to call his followers back from the dragons' domain. Return now in triumph to the Dravanian forelands.
- You return to the Dravanian forelands having added the name of yet another primal to the list of your defeated foes. Speak with Ysayle by the river outside of Loth ast Gnath.
- Ysayle praises you for besting Ravana, while lamenting her own failure to test the primal. Sensing her despondence, you contemplate telling her that things might have been different had she not weakened your foe -- only to realize that the moment has passed. Return to Loth ast Vath, and inform Alphinaud of your success.
- Back at Loth ast Vath, you regale your companions with the tale of your victory over the Gnath's god. When Estinien subsequently reveals that your fellow Scion spent the hours leading up to your return “fretting like a maid awaiting her sweetheart,” Alphinaud declares that you must press on with the mission -- more, you sense, to escape the dragoon's mocking tongue than out of concern for Ishgard. He is, however, correct. Make your way back to Anyx Trine, and share news of your triumph with Vidofnir.