Mourn in Passing
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Mourn in Passing
— In-game description
- Speak with Vidofnir.
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- Alphinaud is eager to begin the ascent of Sohm Al. Return to Anyx Trine in the Dravanian forelands, and report your victory over the [[|Ravana|Gnath's god]] to Vidofnir.
- Vidofnir listens in disbelief as Ysayle relates the circumstances of Lord Ravana's defeat. True to her word, the dragon vows that she will open the way to Sohm Al... once you have negotiated the cavern of Mourn. Climb the central tower of Anyx Trine to the second floor, then fight your way through Mourn's denizens to join Vidofnir on the threshold of the path to the summit.
- After battling your way through the cavern of Mourn, Vidofnir opens the path forward, as promised. Before taking her leave, however, the dragon warns that you will not be welcome in the domain beyond. Prepare to face the mightiest of Nidhogg's minions, on your way to the summit of Sohm Al.
※Sohm Al can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have defeated Tioman, the consort of Nidhogg, and restored light to your Crystal of Earth in so doing. Soon after the dragon's death, however, Estinien is overwhelmed by Nidhogg's feelings of rage and anguish -- an unwelcome reminder of the connection he shares with the great wyrm. Put any doubts you may feel to one side, and continue your journey into the Churning Mists.
- You have arrived at the summit of Sohm Al. Trouble Alphinaud for his thoughts on finally having reached the mountain's lofty peak.
- Alphinaud seems awed and humbled to be standing at the summit of Eorzea's highest mountain. The Churning Mists stretch out before you, beckoning you on towards the culmination of your arduous journey.