Her Last Vow
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Her Last Vow
Julyan would send you on your way.
— In-game description
- Speak with Phillice at the Sil'dih excavation site.
- With the chat mode in Say, enter “Ellie!” to call out to your erstwhile companion.
- Speak with Hildibrand near Amdapor Keep.
- Confront Gilgamesh in the Battle in the Big Keep.
- Speak with Hildibrand.
- Julyan would send you on your way.
- Assuring you that she will look after Hildibrand in your absence, Julyan urges you to hurry to the Sil'dih excavation site, where Ellie intends to obtain the lost supply of zombie powder and exact her ultimate revenge against Ul'dah. Hasten to the scene, and rendezvous with Phillice upon your arrival.
- Phillice and the others have located the fugitive Ellie, who stubbornly refuses to engage in conversation with her pursuers. Fearing the worst were an attempt to be made to apprehend her quarry by force, Phillice urges you to call out to your friend, and see if she might still be made to listen to reason. Step forward to where she might hear you, and, with the chat mode in Say, call out “Ellie!” to attract her attention.
- Ellie responds to you, but refuses to stand down, insisting that her quest for justice against those who wronged her homeland is more important than her and Cecy's very lives. A pack of zombies that she summons to attack are dispatched by Godbert and Gilgamesh, yet the undead legions keep coming. Just when you appear hopelessly outnumbered, a blinding light from on high heralds the arrival of none other than Inspector Hildibrand, with considerably more color in his cheeks than when last you saw him. Illogical as it may seem, it would appear that his own time spent in the company of the undead allowed him to develop an immunity to the Traders' Spurn. With the zombies now at the side of their erstwhile overlord, Ellie surrenders, bringing the case of the many-faced thief to an unexpected but satisfying end. Your work is not done, however, as the ever-enterprising Gilgamesh has taken advantage of the confusion to take into hand the Treaty-Blade, insisting that he will not relinquish the relic except to one who defeats him and his companion Enkidu at Amdapor Keep. Make for the South Shroud, and rendezvous with Hildibrand, whose legs have likely carried him to your destination well in advance.
- You arrive before Amdapor Keep to find Hildibrand in a familiar position. Assuring you that he will be along as soon as he completes his subterranean investigation, the inspector urges you to commence the battle against your rivals in hopes of reclaiming the Treaty-Blade.
- ※The Battle in the Big Keep can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have emerged victorious over Gilgamesh and his primal companion, Enkidu. Leave the keep and return to the South Shroud.
- You emerge from the keep to observe that a certain inspector has finally extricated himself from the forest floor. Inform Hildibrand that the battle has been won, and the location of the Treaty-Blade gleaned.
- Phillice and the others arrive at the scene, rejoicing at the news that the primal menace has been quelled, as Ellie and Cecy share the story of one last unsolved mystery: an incantation of Belah'dian legend whose great power can only be summoned forth by a Warrior of Light with the Treaty-Blade in hand. The conversation is interrupted by Hildibrand, who has successfully recovered that selfsame relic. The inspector, by mere coincidence, speaks something resembling the final words of the incantation, and─against all common sense─the Treaty-Blade responds, casting forth a brilliant beam of light that propels both blade and unsuspecting passenger into the heavens. A smile comes to Ellie's face, her dream of seeing the legendary power of her ancestors with her own eyes finally realized. Inspector Briardien is pleased to be rid of his incompetent rival, yet strangely moved by his inimitable gentlemanliness. Nashu and Julyan run off in search of the beloved inspector and son, as Godbert muses on the true calling of a Manderville man. Meanwhile, high above Eorzea, Hildibrand hurtles off to destinations unknown, as his keenly honed inspector's sense calls him to his next case. One can only hope that he will survive his inevitable landing with his memory intact...