From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
The Fortemps steward looks as though he has something to say.
— In-game description
- Speak with Edmont.
- Speak with Haurchefant.
- Having been informed of all you accomplished during your time in Falcon's Nest and Camp Cloudtop, Count Edmont wishes to express his heartfelt gratitude. He has scarce begun to speak, however, when his steward bursts in, bearing grave tidings: Alphinaud and Tataru have been arrested by a knight of the Heavens' Ward -- one “Ser Grinnaux” -- on the charge of fomenting heresy. Ask the count for his counsel.
- The count believes the charges leveled against your friends to be nothing more than a political ploy to defame House Fortemps. Regardless, you have no choice but to disprove them if you are to set Alphinaud and Tataru free. Reasoning that Ser Aymeric will know the exact nature of the allegations, Edmont advises you to pay the lord commander a visit at the Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly.
- Though Ser Aymeric believes your friends to be innocent, he is powerless to intervene as the knight who accused them is a member of the Heavens' Ward -- the personal guard of the archbishop. These twelve chosen sers answer to none save the archbishop himself, and their testimony is unimpeachable. As such, under Ishgardian law, only the Fury Herself can disprove Ser Grinnaux's claims... by granting victory in a trial by combat between the accuser and the accused. Owing to his magical talents, Alphinaud must fight, but Tataru may claim the right to name a champion. And who else but the Warrior of Light could stand against the might of the Heavens' Ward? Make your preparations and speak to Lord Haurchefant in the Supreme Sacred Tribunal of Halonic Inquisitory Doctrine when you are ready to face the knights in battle.
- Under the watchful gaze of the Fury, and the assembled gentry of Ishgard, you defeat Ser Grinnaux and Ser Paulecrain, thus earning your comrades their freedom. Afterwards, you find Lord Haurchefant waiting for you. See what he has to say.
- Still giddy with excitement, Lord Haurchefant presents you with a gift to commemorate your victory: a fully trained black chocobo, much like the one that bore you to the western highlands -- strong, obedient, and blessed with the power of flight! No longer will you be confined to the earth. Henceforth, the sky is the limit!
Solo Duty Walkthrough
- You will fight two strong enemies -- Ser Paulecrain Coldfire, a dragoon, and Ser Grinnaux the Bull, a warrior -- alongside Alphinaud.
- You will be automatically targeted by Paulecrain, while Grinnaux targets Alphinaud.
- Paulecrain has a special Thunder Thrust ability that, once damages you, will summon lightning orbs all over the battle field. They have little HP and can be destroyed, but Paulecrain will soon explode all of them simultaneously. Quickly back away to avoid major damage.
- Grinnaux has a special ability that will bind Alphinaud with an Ishgardian Steel Chain, immobilizing him. Target the chain to destroy it and free Alphinaud so that he can continue supporting you.
- Alphinaud is able to heal you, but will do little damage, requiring you to do most of the work.