Knights Be Not Proud
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
|Quest Giver||Artoirel - Coerthas Western Highlands (x24, y25)|
|Reward|| 48000 517 |
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|At the End of Our Hope||Divine Intervention|
- Speak with Redwald.
- Speak with Fortemps Manor.
- Lord Artoirel would rather not linger without cause.
- The House Durendaire knights have matters at Gorgagne Mills well in hand, and Lord Artoirel sees no reason to remain. Return with him to Falcon's Nest and brief Ser Redwald on your discoveries.
- Considering all that you and Lord Artoirel have done on behalf of Falcon's Nest, Ser Redwald cannot in good conscience impose upon the two of you any longer. He gives you his blessing to return to Ishgard, and affirms his intent to deliver a glowing report to the Holy See. It would seem your services are no longer required, but before taking your leave, you might ask Lord Artoirel if he requires anything else.
- Speaking with unaccustomed candor, Lord Artoirel admits that he long harbored doubts regarding your competence and motives, in part perhaps because Lord Haurchefant─his bastard half-brother─holds you in such high esteem. When forced to decide who would pursue the heretics, he turned to you not out of an eagerness to bring Ishgard's enemies to justice, but out of a dark desire to see you fail. But after witnessing your willingness to risk all for the cause, as well as the aftermath of your handiwork, he sees that you are every bit the hero Lord Haurchefant claimed, and swears never to doubt you again.