A Performance for the Ages
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Performance for the Ages
Rammbroes wishes to discuss the procurement of the outstanding varieties of aethersand.
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- Speak with Parsemontret in Gridania.
- Search the hog's territory in Urth's Gift.
- Obtain the wind-touched aethersand from the Ixali logging grounds.
- Collect the reward offered by the disembodied voice.
- Deliver the aethersand to Rammbroes at Saint Coinach's Find.
- Rammbroes wishes to discuss the procurement of the outstanding varieties of aethersand.
- Rammbroes explains that he had made arrangements for an acquaintance of his to obtain the remaining varieties of aethersand. Since doing so, however, the dig supervisor has received no word of any kind, prompting him to worry that something may be amiss. Seek Parsemontret in the Gridanian markets, and inquire as to the to the whereabouts of Rommbroes' missing friend.
- Parsemontret informs you that aethersand has not been sold in the markets for many years. Sensing your dejection, he mentions that you might consider mining the ore from which the water-aspected variety of the abrasive is refined. He is quick to point out, however, that the dangers inherent in this course of action make it an errand fit for desperate fools alone. Though you would ordinarily take issue with at least half of this description, it seems you have little choice but to accept the master's suggestion. Travel to Urth's Gift in the South Shroud and scour the territory of a particularly nasty hog.
- While examining a large porcine carcass in Urth's Gift, you are addressed by an unseen observer who smugly declares that he has already collected the water-blessed ore that you came to find. Ostensibly on a whim, he then proposes a race to obtain a quantity of wind-aspected aethersand held by the Ixal. Hurray to the Ixal logging grounds in the North Shroud, and wrest the precious abrasive from the talons of the feathered beastmen.
- After fighting your way past countless Ixal, you succeed in securing the wind-aspected aethersand. No sooner have you done so than you hear the voice of the unseen observer again. He thanks you for providing an entertaining spectacle, and declares his intention to reward your efforts. Travel to the clearing in Proud Creek and collect your prize, whatever it may be...
- Upon arriving at the clearing in Proud Creek, you are surprised to find the very thing you need most: water-aspected aethersand. With predictable timing, the unseen observer chooses this moment to break the silence, praising your deeds before promising that the two of you will soon meet again. Return to Saint Coinach's Find in Mor Dhona, and deliver the remaining abrasives to the waiting Rammbroes.
- Back in Mor Dhona, Cid processes the flawless crystals of wind and water using the aethersand you procured, finally completing the set of "fangs" required to penetrate the Crystal Tower's defenses. Soon after, you are joined by Biggs, Wedge, and the owner of the voice which pursued you around the Twelveswood - one G'raha Tia. The expedition team thus assembled, it is time at last to find out what momentous discoveries await within the Allagans' glittering spire.