Winning Over the Wyrm
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
(Redirected from Winning over the Wyrm)
|Quest Giver||Alphinaud - The Dravanian Forelands (x16, y23)|
|Reward|| 16740 5000 |
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|An Ally for Ishgard||An End to the Song|
- Blow the horn on the top floor of Zenith.
- Speak with Ser Aymeric.
- Speak with the imperious wyvern.
- Use the Duty Finder to enter Sohr Khai.
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- Alphinaud seems eager to press on.
- Despite Vidofnir's predictably gloomy appraisal of your chances, Alphinaud is resolved to lead Ser Aymeric to the summit of Sohm Al. Rejoin your companions outside Moghome, and signal your readiness to depart to the lord commander.
- As Ser Aymeric shares his wonder at the incredible vista, you are suddenly hailed by Moghan, the moogle who first guided you to Zenith. Upon learning of your purpose in the Churning Mists, he assures you that the winds are perfect for carrying your call to Hraesvelgr's ears. Make your way to Zenith, and blow the moogles' horn once more.
- You look on as Hraesvelgr descends from the clouds, just as he did when first you came to Zenith─and wince inwardly as he greets your request for aid with the selfsame scorn. Undaunted, Aymeric and Alphinaud strive to win the great wyrm round with eloquence and reason, but it is not until Midgardsormr himself appears that Hraesvelgr finally assents to test you and your companions' resolve. Consult with Ser Aymeric on how best to approach the forthcoming trial.
- Ser Aymeric informs you that he observed a wyvern landing just outside the palace, and concludes that it must be one of the “children” of whom Hraesvelgr spoke. Accost the waiting dragon.
- It would seem that the wyvern has come to bear you to the scene of your ordeal. Steel yourself, body and mind, for the trials of so ancient and powerful a being as Hraesvelgr are not like to be simple...nor less forgiving.
※Sohr Khai can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have weathered the trial of the great wyrm. Before returning to Zenith, it would seem wise to speak with Hraesvelgr.
- Hraesvelgr commends you and your companions for your unwavering determination, and pledges to aid you in the coming battle with Nidhogg. Inquire of Alphinaud how he fared in his own trial.
- Your trials completed, Alphinaud ponders how much time you have to prepare for Nidhogg's assault. Scarcely have the words left his lips, however, when a thunderous roar echoes across the sky, signaling the advance of the Dravanian Horde. The time has come for the final reckoning with Nidhogg─to bring an end to his wrathful song.