The Vanishing Act
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Vanishing Act
Alka Zolka is pleasantly surprised to see you.
— In-game description
- Speak with Surito Carito near the Wanderer's Palace.
- Speak with the Maelstrom Command Hunt billmaster.
- Rendezvous with Alka Zolka in Vesper Bay.
- Report to Surito Carito near the Wanderer's Palace.
- Alka Zolka is pleasantly surprised to see you.
- Alka Zolka has received a missive from Surito Carito, asking that you come see him straightaway. While he has not expounded upon why, it seems extremely urgent. Make your way to upper La Noscea to learn what is amiss at the Wanderer's Palace.
- Surito Carito reveals that his study of the invisible voidsent's corpse has yielded a quasi-cure capable of impeding the spread of the Nymian plague. A miraculous discovery though it may be, he goes on to say that the reason he summoned you is because one of his research assistants, Setoto, has vanished. Worried that harm will befall his friend should they wander too far, he asks that you find and escort the tonberry back. Alka believes there is a chance Setoto has been registered to the Hunt, and suggests you begin your search at the Maelstrom Command.
- The Hunt billmaster informs you that the only tonberry currently registered to the Hunt is one by the name of Marberry. Not too long after, Rashaht appears bearing some interesting news. The Miqo'te commander tells you that Vesper Bay has been awash with rumors of an odd-looking stowaway who scurried off a ferry as it pulled ashore. Whoever─or whatever─it was, has been described as being small of stature like a Lalafell but with exotic features. Perhaps this mysterious passenger is your missing tonberry, and it would benefit you to investigate this matter further.
- You and Alka approach a sailor who looks to be a crew member of the boat Rashaht mentioned. The man confirms having seen the stowaway, which he describes as some manner of rare beast of a gobbie without a mask. He assures you that whatever it was, the Brass Blades are looking for it. While Alka makes a detour to Ul'dah to see what more he can uncover though his contacts regarding this incident, he asks that you inform Surito Carito of all that has happened.
- Surito Carito is of the opinion that, if in Aldenard, Setoto will be near impossible to find. He believes it would be best to wait until you come across any additional news on where the missing tonberry might have gone before making a move. Rest while you can because as soon as word of Setoto's possible whereabouts reaches you and Alka Zolka, the two of you must rush to find, and possibly rescue, the tonberry.
- ※The next scholar quest will be available from Surito Carito upon reaching level 63.