The Great Divide
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
|Quest Giver||Minfilia - The Rising Stones (x6, y5)|
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|Through the Maelstrom||Desperate Times|
- Speak with the refugees in the Seventh Heaven.
- Search for Alphinaud in Ul'dah.
- Minfilia's thoughts keep returning to the fate of the Students of Baldesion.
- Though she is deeply troubled by the fate of the Students of Baldesion, Minfilia concedes that idle speculation will achieve nothing, and resolves to turn her thoughts to matters closer to home. But even as she begins to brief you on recent events in the Twelveswood, F'lhaminn enters the solar and announces that refugees hailing from Ul'dah have come to Revenant's Toll in search of asylum, like the Domans before them. In the ensuing exchange, it becomes apparent that the Scions lack the resources to accommodate additional numbers, however grave the need. In spite of this, Minfilia declares her intention to hear the refugees' petition, and asks that you accompany her to the Seventh Heaven.
- As Minfilia struggles to turn away the petitioners, Tataru interrupts the meeting to report that Alphinaud was injured during a riot precipitated by refugees in Ul'dah, and is now receiving care at the Hourglass. Fearing for the lives of his fellow refugees, the chief petitioner begs the Antecedent to intervene─only to be told that those responsible will have to answer for their actions. Paying the man no further heed, Minfilia orders you to make haste for Ul'dah, in case Alphinaud is in need of assistance.
- At the Hourglass, you are relieved to find that Alphinaud's condition is not so grave as you were given to believe. Sadly, the same can not be said of Ul'dah. The riot, it seems, was the result of deep-seated tensions between refugees and Ul'dahn citizens, brought to the fore in the wake of the Domans' failed bid for asylum. To make matters worse, a large contingent of the Immortal Flames is currently engaged in joint training exercises, rendering the Grand Company undermanned at this critical juncture. By the time all forces have been recalled, Alphinaud fears that the situation may have deteriorated beyond mending.