Coming to Terms
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Coming to Terms
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- Speak with Minfilia.
- Speak with the House Fortemps guard.
- Alphinaud has been granted an audience with Ser Aymeric, Lord Commander of the Ishgardian Temple Knights, who will be acting as a representative of the Holy See. Keen to ingratiate himself, Alphinaud has asked you to accompany him to the meeting, as Ser Aymeric has expressed a desire to meet the famous Warrior of Light. Minfilia will surely give you her blessing once she learns of the plan.
- Ever since the Battle of Silvertear Skies, the city-state of Ishgard has kept her neighbors at arm's length. Not even the threat posed by the VIIth Legion was enough to coax the reclusive nation back to the negotiating table. Now, however, after two decades of near silence, they have reached out -- but to what end? Regardless of Ser Aymeric's agenda, Alphinaud is resolved to advance his own. Travel with him to Camp Dragonhead and speak with Lord Haurchefant upon your arrival.
- As always, you receive a warm welcome in Camp Dragonhead, and are informed that Ser Aymeric is already present and ready to meet with you and Alphinaud. Weary though you may be from your travels, make your way to the intercessory and prepare to meet the Ishgardian ambassador.
- After favoring you with a few kind words, Ser Aymeric and Alphinaud proceed to debate Ishgardian policies at length. Alas, the ambassador is not easily swayed, and it becomes apparent that the Holy See has no intention of rejoining the Eorzean Alliance. However, Ser Aymeric eventually reveals that he came to the meeting with a different purpose in mind... You learn that the astrologians of Ishgard have foretold the return of Midgardsormr -- the fallen guardian of Silvertear Falls -- and that Ser Aymeric wishes to enlist the Scions' aid in keeping watch over the great wyrm's remains. In exchange, he will ensure that the shipments of aid from House Fortemps to Revenant's Toll will continue unabated. Content with the arrangement, Alphinaud agrees -- only to learn moments after that the latest shipment has been waylaid by Iceheart and her followers...