An Illuminati Incident
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
An Illuminati Incident
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- 1 Birch Longbow
- 1 Adamantite Revolver
- 1 Aurum Regis Longpole
- 1 Book of Aurum Regis
- 1 Mind Materia IV
- Speak with Y'shtola.
- Though you have already fulfilled your part of the bargain in eliminating the golems, Slowfix begs you to oblige him one more favor: rescue his friend who has ventured into Illuminati-held territory. Make your way to the Makers' Quarter and find the reckless goblin before it is too late.
- Slowfix's goblin friend is revealed to be none other than Brayflox; no sooner do you locate her than Illuminati forces appear, bent on bloody retribution for their stolen cheese recipe. Together with Alphinaud and Y'shtola, you succeed in putting the enemy to rout, and Brayflox resumes scavenging for junk without skipping a beat.
- Whatever the feud between Brayflox and the Illuminati was about, the end result is that you have fulfilled Slowfix's request. Return to Idyllshire and report your success to the goblin.
- Slowfix thanks you profusely for rescuing Brayflox. Her antics, it would seem, are considered offbeat even by goblin standards.
Solo Duty Walkthrough
- You will fight alongside Y'shtola and Alphinaud, who both possess potent healing abilities to heal Brayflox and yourself as needed. Your focus should be damaging enemies and maintaining enmity to prevent them from hurting your allies.
- Do not let Y'shtola or Brayflox be defeated, or else the duty will fail.
- Once the duty starts, disregard the boss and focus on dispatching the additional enemies. After a few enemies have fallen, King Gobtank G-IV will unleash a large number of bombs on the field. Immediately knock them away from you and your allies with auto-attacks or quick-hitting skills to avoid major damage, prioritizing the safety of yourself and Y'shtola.
- As more additional enemies spawn, Y'shtola will prepare to cast Spiritual Ray, leaving herself defenseless for a period of time. You must draw the attention of all the enemies targeting her (and/or heal her if applicable) to prevent her from taking major damage.
- Once Y'shtola finishes charging, she will obliterate all additional enemies and deal major damage to the boss. Defeat the boss quickly and finish off the final set of additional enemies to complete the duty.