When the Cold Sets In
Jump to navigation Jump to search
When the Cold Sets In
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- Speak with the mistreated merchant.
- Speak with the House Durendaire knight.
- Speak once more with the House Durendaire knight.
- Speak with Drillemont.
- Speak with Haurchefant.
- A staunch supporter of the frontier effort in Mor Dhona, Lord Haurchefant eagerly shares with you what little information he has regarding the heretics and their mysterious leader, the lady Iceheart. Reasoning that your best chance to track down the supply thieves lies in Whitebrim and its heretic-infested environs, the garrison commander suggests you bring the matter before Lord Drillemont. Make your way west to Whitebrim Front, and speak with the head of House Durendaire.
- Upon explaining your mission to Lord Drillemont, he responds with an ominous description of the heretics' heightened fanaticism and rigid discipline. As fate would have it, it appears a recent victim of a heretic attack is presently resting within the outpost's infirmary. Visit the injured merchant and listen to his tale.
- You listen to the merchant's matter-of-fact account of the heretics' brutal robbery, and learn where his attackers were likely headed with their haul. Travel into the wilds near Snowcloak, and defeat any heretics you come across.
- You have slain the heretic ambushers. Head towards the frozen wall of Snowcloak and speak with the knight of House Durendaire.
- As the knight tells you of his patrol's travails, you spy a woman gazing down from near the top of the cliff. Though she quickly disappears from sight, you have some suspicions as to the figure's identity. Speak with the knight of House Durendaire once more.
- The knight appears shaken by your glimpse of whom he assumes to be Iceheart herself, and wonders what terrible dangers lie hidden behind the frozen facade of Snowcloak. Take the young gallant's advice and return with your discoveries to Lord Drillemont.
- Perturbed by the defeat of his elite soldiers, Lord Drillemont cautions you against rushing into what may well be a veritable den of heretics for the sake of a few provisions. Return to Camp Dragonhead and report this turn of events to Lord Haurchefant.
- After hearing your tale of what transpired at Snowcloak, the head of House Fortemps insists that the matter be turned over to the authority of the Temple Knights. Before sending you on your way, however, Lord Haurchefant promises that another shipment of supplies will be sent to Revenant's Toll. Travel back to Mor Dhona and report to Slafborn.
- Slafborn appears relieved to hear of Lord Haurchefant's generosity. He warns, however, that the growing prosperity of Revenant's Toll will require that everyone -- Alphinaud's new recruits included -- remain vigilant against the schemes of the unscrupulous.