The Road Less Traveled
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
The Road Less Traveled
Moenbryda remains unconvinced that you have not sustained a head injury.
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- Speak with the House Fortemps guard.
- Seeing little point in pondering the implications of your tale in Coerthas, Moenbryda declares that she and the others will return to the Rising Stones. Before you join them, journey to Whitebrim Front and inform Alphinaud that you are still alive, among other things.
- Alphinaud's voice swells with pride as he asks you to recount the events in Snowcloak. Though he is disappointed and concerned by Iceheart's success in summoning Shiva, Ser Aymeric advises him to take solace in your victory. As further comfort, he reveals that some of the supplies stolen from the House Fortemps caravan have been recovered and will be delivered to Revenant's Toll forthwith. The lord commander then requests that you accompany him to Camp Dragonhead, as it seems a certain lord has been praying for your safe return.
- Lord Haurchefant is more than a little distressed that you did not think to involve him in your daring endeavor. Though plainly overjoyed that you survived, it is clear that the stress has taken its toll on him. Composing himself, he informs you that Ser Aymeric has requested a private audience with you and Alphinaud in the intercessory, though he makes no mention of what the lord commander wishes to discuss.
- The cordial mood between Alphinaud and Ser Aymeric abruptly turns sour when the Scion accuses his counterpart of manipulating the situation to his advantage. In response, the lord commander all but declares his desire to work with Alphinaud for the betterment of Eorzea, while stressing that a man in his position must act with the utmost discretion. Alphinaud relents, having at last gained an understanding of the pragmatic ambassador, and the rift between the two is quickly mended. Ser Aymeric then formally introduces his second-in-command, Lucia, who will act as his representative when he is otherwise indisposed. As a final gesture of goodwill, the lord commander shares the results of the Ishgardian investigation into the heretics' attacks with Alphinaud, which should help the Crystal Braves to dismantle the remainder of Eline Roaille's network of spies. Whatever else Ishgard may be, it is plain that she is no friend to Garlemald.