The Instruments of Our Deliverance
The Instruments of Our Deliverance
A plan has been devised, and Minfilia would have it carried out without further delay.
— In-game description
Despite the (Hard) in the name, the trial is not actually more difficult than any other story-mode trial. It is easily completed blind with the Duty Finder.
Minfilia is in The Solar.
- Speak with Alphinaud at Snowcloak.
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- Speak with the stalwart Temple Knight.
- Confront Shiva in the Akh Afah Amphitheatre (Hard).
- Speak with Moenbryda.
- A plan has been devised, and Minfilia would have it carried out without further delay.
- According to Minfilia, Alphinaud has asked to speak with you before you join your fellow Scions inside Snowcloak, where preparations for Moenbryda's plan are already underway. Though she believes with all her heart that you will survive, she nevertheless thanks you for all you have done in service to the realm. Bid farewell to the Antecedent and rendezvous with Alphinaud at Snowcloak.
- Accompanied by Alphinaud and Moenbryda, you journey to the heart of Snowcloak, where the assembled Scions channel their aether into Moenbryda's white auracite. The scholar then directs the flow into the nearby aetheryte, which begins to glow brightly. At Moenbryda's instruction, you attune to the giant crystal, opening a path to Iceheart's sanctuary...probably. Speak with Alphinaud one last time before teleporting to only the gods know where.
- Given the likelihood that Iceheart is now aware of your plans and making haste to complete the summoning ritual, Alphinaud advises you to assemble a party of battle-hardened adventurers capable of felling Shiva if necessary. However, before you do so, he bids you speak with the stalwart Temple Knight, who bears a missive from Ser Aymeric addressed to you.
- The lord commander of the Temple Knights is appreciative of your efforts, and he prays that Halone will see you safely home. Call upon your allies, place your faith in Moenbryda's plan, and put an end to Iceheart's crusade.
- Those driven to the brink of despair are ever the most dangerous of foes, as you are reminded when Iceheart offers her own body as a vessel for Shiva's soul. The resurrected saint of eld lashes out with a righteous fury, pushing you to your mortal limits...yet the battle ends as it began, with the young maiden kneeling in the snow, cursing your ignorance.
- “Hear... Feel... Think...” Of Iceheart's cryptic parting words, her final three leave the deepest impression, for few indeed are the ways in which one could come to know them. Could it be that Hydaelyn speaks to your enemy too? For the time being, put aside such troubling thoughts and inform Moenbryda of your victory.
- Moenbryda is understandably skeptical about your description of events. However, she is willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for the time being─on the understanding that you did not suffer any form of head trauma. Certain of what you saw, you elect not to inform her that cranial injuries are only to be expected when doing battle with a primal.
Minfilia: I have already informed Alphinaud of our plan to recreate the beacon in the manner Moenbryda described. He agreed that despite the inherent danger, it represents our only hope of success. Minfilia: He also said that he wished to meet with you at Snowcloak before proceeding. I expect you will find him waiting for you there when you arrive. Minfilia: I want you to know that I appreciate everything you have done on our behalf, [Forename], and that I have faith you will return to us─as you always have.
Alphinaud: Good to see you, [Forename]. I was starting to wonder if you were having second thoughts. Alphinaud: Captain Ilberd sends his regards, by the way. He attends to the interrogation of Eline Roaille in Ul'dah even as we speak. Alphinaud: But I shall not distract you from the matter at hand. We can discuss the Ivy upon your return. Alphinaud: I trust that... By which I mean to say... Ahem. The others are waiting for us at the aetheryte. After you, Scion.
Moenbryda: Trust in the power of white auracite, [Forename]─and in me, of course. Moenbryda: There, it's ready! Moenbryda: Hah! It worked...I think. Moenbryda: Try attuning to the aetheryte now. Feel for the current and try to locate the beacon.
Alphinaud: We have done all we can, [Forename]. For now, let us withdraw. Alphinaud: When your final preparations are complete, you must seek out the beacon we have created. If, by the grace of the Twelve, you arrive safely, you must stop Iceheart before she summons Shiva. Alphinaud: We cannot ignore the possibility that our actions have alerted Iceheart to our plans. Alphinaud: Should that be the case, she may attempt to hasten the completion of the summoning ritual. And if she succeeds, you will have little choice but to face Shiva in battle. Alphinaud: Knowing little of this “saint,” I cannot say if your own strength will suffice, and so I would encourage you to call upon your allies. Alphinaud: Some may have reservations about wagering their lives on the success of Moenbryda's experiment, but others will surely agree that desperate times call for desperate measures. Alphinaud: Ah! Before you assemble your party, pray speak with that knight. I believe he has a message for you from Ser Aymeric. Alphinaud: Of all the myriad challenges you have faced, I should be amazed if it were a failed teleportation attempt that finally killed you. Pray do not surprise me.
Moenbryda: I've a mind to join you, but Urianger made me promise I wouldn't. Moenbryda: Apparently the thought of me becoming Shiva's thrall was too much to bear. Hmph. As if I'd give her the chance.
Stalwart Temple Knight: Sir/Madam. Ser Aymeric regrets that he could not be here in person, and asks that I read to you this letter. Ahem. Stalwart Temple Knight: “Ishgard faces an unprecedented threat─yet in our hour of need, it is not her knights who stand poised to defend her. [Forename] [Surname], the Warrior of Light, savior of Eorzea─your deeds this day shall not be forgotten. Stalwart Temple Knight: “Where others would flee, you choose to remain. Where others would falter, you rise to the challenge. Where others would use their gifts for selfish ends, you wield yours in service to a greater cause. Stalwart Temple Knight: “May Halone bless you with good fortune and see you safely home.”
Moenbryda: By the Twelve, you're alive! I-I mean, of course you're alive! Why wouldn't you be? Moenbryda: Iceheart did what? And...you're certain about that, are you? Dravanians are skilled with glamours, after all... Moenbryda: Look─if you say that's what you saw, I believe you. It's just that I've never heard of a primal being summoned like that before. Moenbryda: Are you sure you're not injured? Head trauma has been known to cause hallucinations, you see... No? Fair enough. I was only asking.