From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
|Quest Giver||Teary-eyed Private - East Shroud (x26, y19)|
|Reward|| 799 |
, , , (x2)
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|A Sylphlands Sting||True to Form|
- Search for Papalymo at the Goldleaf Dais.
- Speak with Papalymo.
- Speak with Maxio.
- Use trueform scalebombs on Yda and Papalymo, and defeat any sylph impostors.
- Speak with Maxio.
- Continue searching for the Scions.
- Use trueform scalebombs on Yda and Thancred, and defeat any sylph impostors.
- Speak with Yda.
- The teary-eyed private appears ready to explain the fate of your fellow Scions.
- According to the private, the Scions escaped the worst of the stinging scalebomb and continued on into the Sylphlands. Head northeast towards the Goldleaf Dais and search for Papalymo.
- You speak with Papalymo, but find his manner to be oddly stilted. Plainly, he is not quite himself. Return to Maxio and share your suspicions.
- Maxio believes that the touched sylphs are using an enchantment to disguise themselves as your fellow Scions. Accordingly, he provides you with scalebombs that will nullify their illusory magic. Throw the trueform scalebombs at Papalymo and Yda's doubles, and defeat the devious dissemblers.
- You have defeated the touched sylphs who were masquerading as Yda and Papalymo. Report your success to Maxio.
- Your sylphic guide suggests continuing the search for your comrades elsewhere. It seems you have no choice but to press on into the Sylphlands.
- You locate Yda and Thancred, but have no way of knowing if they are who they seem to be...save one. Make use of the trueform scalebombs given to you by Maxio, and defeat any tricksters you reveal.
- Though your scalebombs have no effect on Yda─besides affront and discomfort─they do serve to unmask the sylph posing as Thancred. With the impostor out of the way, you may now speak freely with your fellow Scion.
- It would seem that Yda had no inkling of the touched sylph's deception, nor does she know where the real Thancred might be. Give the exasperated pugilist a moment to think before discussing how best to proceed.