In the Eye of the Beholder
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
|Quest Giver||Krile - The Dravanian Hinterlands (x13, y36)|
|Reward|| 1019 |
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|Another Time, Another Place||A Little Slow, a Little Late|
- Enter Matoya's Cave.
- Speak with Krile.
- Wait with Krile in the Smoldering Wastes.
- The prospect of meeting the famous Master Matoya seems to have set Krile thinking.
- It would seem that Krile has heard a great many stories about Master Matoya─some less than flattering. Never one to offer empty words of comfort, Y'shtola states that all the rumors are true, before steering Krile into the hermit's abode. Follow and hope that the legendary scholar is in an agreeable mood.
- While conversing with Matoya, Krile reveals not only that she possesses the Echo, but that she has availed herself of the blessing of Light's protection, finally solving the mystery of her preservation during the attack on the Isle of Val. She further explains that with the aid of Matoya's Crystal Eye, she can use her unique manifestation of the Echo to locate and trace the lingering aetheric essence of Thancred. Having taken a liking to the girl, Matoya consents to Krile's plan, which the young scholar wastes no time carrying out. In a trance, she declares that Thancred emerged from the Lifestream near the base of Sohm Al─a wilderness which the hunters of Tailfeather know only too well. Begin your search for the bard there.
- To aid in questioning the locals, Alphinaud distributes several surprisingly accurate sketches of Thancred, which he apparently drew from memory─a skill he developed for reasons he claims to have forgotten, though Krile clearly has not. With sketch in hand, question the hunters of Tailfeather.
- Several of the locals make mention of a heretofore unknown hunter, though none managed to get a clear look at the man's face. Less encouragingly, one states that the hunter wielded an axe, which is hardly Thancred's weapon of choice. Inform Krile that you have completed your inquiries.
- Krile, too, has finished making inquiries, and is eager to hear what the others have learned. Accompany her to the rendezvous point east of Loth ast Vath and wait for Alphinaud and Y'shtola.
- Like you, Alphinaud and Y'shtola both heard tell of a mysterious Hyuran hunter, whose build and fighting prowess seem reminiscent of Thancred. Krile, however, has a different tale to share─one of a Vath trader who came to Tailfeather in search of garments fit for a “man of refinement.” The account prompts Y'shtola to question why Thancred would send a Vath in his stead, in response to which Alphinaud loudly recalls how she was naked as her nameday when she returned from the Lifestream. Krile quickly interjects that your next course of action should be to question the Vath, sparing Alphinaud Y'shtola's scorn...for a time.