Fly Free, My Pretty
|Quest Giver||Yda - The Rising Stones (x6, y6)|
|Reward|| 16740 615 |
File:He who continues the attack orchestrion roll icon1.png, File:Imperial will orchestrion roll icon1.png
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|The Greater Obeisance||The Far Edge of Fate|
- It is a 4v1 against Grynewaht at first. Simply attack him and reduce his HP.
- At some point, Grynewaht's soldiers will join the fight, attacking you. However, Grynewaht's attacks will damage and kill his own soldiers. Use positioning to your advantage.
- When you have depleted his HP to about 50%, the duty will be interrupted by a cutscene.
Phase 2 of Duty
You will be controlling the Red Baron, a magitek armor for this fight. If you are familiar with magitek armor skills, you have Magitek Cannon (use against regular soldiers) and Photon Stream (ignore this). However, you have two new attacks: Diffractive Magitek Cannon, and High-powered Magitek Cannon.
- Diffractive Magitek Cannon is Magitek Cannon with larger AoE, and will one-hit kill regular imperial soldiers. Save this for especially large groups surrounding your allies.
- High-powered Magitek Cannon is an extremely powerful straight-line shot, one-hit killing anything. This is best saved for the giant-sized Imperial Colossus enemies. They will appear three times.
After a number of imperial soldiers are defeated, they will flee, you will dismount the armor, and you will fight Grynewaht a final time. Simply shave off his HP while avoiding his usual attacks. Beware of his new attack gained in this phase.
- Augmented Uprising: A fan-shaped frontal AoE. His most favorite attack.
- Augmented Suffering: A radial AoE attacking all around him.
- Aerial Bombing: Phase 2 only. Grynewaht will shoot projectiles into the air four times. The first three times, a large number of projectiles will randomly impact the field. The final projectile is a single radial strike, with its center aiming at you.
- The Cartenau Flats: Heliodrome
- Defeat Grynewaht.
- Defeat imperial soldiers with the Red Baron.
- Defeat Grynewaht.
- Speak with Cid.
- Yda's eyes shine with rekindled determination.
- After the briefest of discussions, the contingent for the Omega expedition is decided, with Cid and Nero providing the technical expertise, while you, Yugiri, Gosetsu, and─most unexpectedly─Yda supply the steel. Make your way to the northern bank of Silvertear Lake, where the Excelsior is waiting, and inform Cid of your readiness to depart.
- You arrive in Carteneau to find that Nero spoke the truth when he declared that you were not the only ones with designs on the slumbering relic. Challenged by a brutish Garlean soldier named Grynewaht, you are soon embroiled in a skirmish with imperial forces. Rather predictably, Nero abandons you without hesitation, employing a teleporter to travel deeper into the facility, and Cid duly pursues him, leaving you to see to the small matter of winning the battle.
- With a helping hand from your favorite former tribunus, you eventually rout your adversaries, and press on into Omega's control room. There you find Cid and Nero hard at work priming the relic for action, but it is Yda who finally takes it upon herself to press the launch button. Even as Omega takes flight, you cannot help but wonder if you have made a terrible mistake...
Initially, all seems to be proceeding as planned, but just as you begin to breathe a little more easily, the signal emanating from the weapon falls silent, prompting Cid to reengage its stasis systems. Struggling to hide his concern, he immediately resolves to head for Gridania to find out what has become of Omega and its target.
- After a journey spent contemplating all manner of apocalyptic eventualities, you are relieved to find Gridania exactly where you left it. Trouble Cid for his thoughts on what could have become of Omega.
- Still baffled by the Allagan relic's sudden failure, Cid suggests a firsthand inspection. Perhaps the waiting Alphinaud knows something that might be of use to your investigation...