East Meets West
Jump to navigation Jump to search
East Meets West
Jannequinard has something to say, and that glint behind his monocle suggests it is important.
— In-game description
- Speak with Wymund at the Observatorium.
- Find Kyokuho at Rootslake in the South Shroud
- Return to the Athenaeum Astrologicum in Ishgard and speak with Leveva.
- Jannequinard has something to say, and that glint behind his monocle suggests it is important.
- Leveva, daughter of disgraced (and deceased) astrologian Rufin, granddaughter of eccentric (yet powerful) Mace, came to Ishgard from faraway Sharlayan to preach the virtues of her homeland's school of astrology. However, forces in both the Holy See and the island nation of scholars to the north would work to prevent her from accomplishing that very thing. Yet, with your aid and (to a far lesser extent) that of the nobleman Jannequinard de Durendaire, Leveva is able to thwart her enemies and open the door for bringing Ishgard into an all new era of astrological studies. A quick chat with Jannequinard reveals that Lady Leveva, now going by the name of her father, is currently awaiting your arrival at the First Dicasterial Observatorium of Aetherial and Astrological Phenomena.
- Was it chance? Was it fate? Does it matter? When visiting your old mentor, Leveva, the Observatorium receives a most unexpected visitor in Kyokuho, a traveler from the Far East. Kyokuho expresses his interest in learning the art of Sharlayan astrology, to which Leveva begrudgingly agrees to help─or rather, agrees to let you help by accompanying the man to Rootslake in the South Shroud where you will guide him in opening the gate to the first heaven.
- Much to Jannequinard's chagrin, Kyokuho is able to open the first gate with what appeared to be great ease. Now that your work is complete, it is time you return to the Athenaeum Astrologicum where Leveva continues her preparations for the symposium.
- Leveva is pleasantly surprised by the outcome of your trip to Rootslake with Kyokuho and (not so) humbly asks that you continue your and the Hingan's training while she furthers her preparations for the symposium.