Taking the Red
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Taking the Red
A distraught lass seeks a savior for her sister.
— In-game description
- Speak with the red-garbed traveler.
- Speak with the distraught lass in Ul'dah.
- Speak with X'rhun Tia.
- A distraught lass seeks a savior for her sister.
- An obviously distraught girl has begged you to help rescue her sister from a group of kidnappers. It seems a passing traveler has engaged the villains in combat, but the odds are not in his favor. Head out through the Gate of Thal, and find the well-dressed lass in central Thanalan.
- You arrive at the scene of the battle, only to look on in amazement as a sword-wielding mage dispatches the last of the would-be kidnappers. Recover your composure, and approach the red-garbed traveler.
- The traveler introduces himself as X'rhun Tia. Having eliminated the threat to the girl's safety, he proposes a return to her sister inside the city. Head back through the Gate of Thal, and speak with the distraught lass.
- The sisters express their heartfelt thanks, and confirm that X'rhun truly is a Crimson Duelist like the heroes spoken of in their father's stories. After making sure that the girls are safely on their way home, the jovial red mage suggests you share a drink together. Make your way to the Coffer & Coffin, and look for X'rhun Tia.
- X'rhun appears impressed by your strength of character, and offers to teach you the rudiments of red magic even as he taught them to Alisaie. He warns, however, that the path will be a demanding one. Consider his proposal, then speak with the red mage once more.
- You convey to a delighted X'rhun your decision to become a red mage. He bestows upon you a Soul of the Red Mage, and bids you absorb its knowledge in preparation for the next step on your new path. Equip the mythrite rapier, and speak with X'rhun once more.