Jump to navigation Jump to search
They will tell you you are one and you are two. You can choose.
— In-game description
- Read the unsigned letter.
- Show the unsigned letter to Lunnie at the Holy Stables.
- Show the unsigned letter to Ser Patrounade at the Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly.
- Show the unsigned letter to Orella at Rhalgr's Reach.
- Show the unsigned letter to Gundobald in Little Ala Mhigo.
- Speak with Godeheard in lower La Noscea.
- With the chat mode in Say, enter “Fray” to call out to your comrade in the Coerthas central highlands.
- Speak with Sidurgu in Foundation.
- They will tell you you are one and you are two. You can choose.
- After sparing a few moments to chat about your extraordinary adventures in the First, Sidurgu informs you that he has come into possession of an anonymous letter addressed to you. Out of respect for your privacy, he has refrained from opening it, and after he takes his leave to chase after a rather annoyed Rielle, you are left alone to read it.
- But if you're reading this
- Forename Surname
- Lunnie, it turns out, is none other than the girl you rescued from the clutches of corrupt Temple Knights a lifetime ago. She is not, however, the author of the letter, and explains that she received it from one Ser Patrounade, who stated it was to be delivered to the hero of the Scions. It would seem a visit to the Congregation is in order.
- Ser Patrounade was no more than another link in the chain, having received the letter from Orella of Rhalgr's Reach. He, like you, had been injured at the Ghimlyt Dark, and so he spent some nights there convalescing in her care. If further answers are to be found, it will be at the Barber.
- After clarifying that you are come not in search of a lost child yet again, Orella explains to you that the letter came with a shipment of medical supplies from Little Ala Mhigo. She can only assume that the author intended for Commander Hext to take charge of it and deliver it to you personally. And so you depart for southern Thanalan to retrace another leg of the letter's journey.
- Gundobald regards you thoughtfully and states that the letter speaks for itself, which is why he agreed to send it on the author's behalf. However, if you are unwilling to let it lie─if you still seek answers and closure, he will not deny you. There is a man at the Red Rooster Stead in lower La Noscea that may be able to help you find a measure of peace.
- The man at the Red Rooster Stead turns out to be yet another figure from your past, a former merchant who bade you retrieve his stolen wares and berated you for the condition in which you returned them to him. Ever since that fateful day, his life has been a succession of failures...until, while going through his meager possessions, he chanced to find a bloodstained package of flower bulbs from once upon a time. Thereafter he resolved to become a botanist and start anew, and as a humble token of his appreciation, long overdue, he offers a flower. But it is not for you.
- Another nameless face, now named. Then conniving, now humbled─as well he should be, no? I gave him a right talking to─or you did. Your choice. And after a string of bad luck, he's since turned over a new leaf...and found a flower. Suitable for funerals and farewells. I told you before you know how the story goes, didn't I? Come and see, Forename
- You say a few words, and offer a flower in memory of...a memory. Now go, and don't look back.
- It's been a long, strange journey, filled with all kinds of ups and downs. Your need
- Sidurgu is waiting for you with Rielle in the Forgotten Knight when you return. He asks you what you found, what it was all for, and you reply─
- Time to go. I don't know when we'll do this again─ if