Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jannequinard appears to be motioning to you with his eyes. Why he doesn't simply call out your name is both disturbing and relieving at the same time.
— In-game description
- Speak with Forlemort at the Observatorium.
- Deliver the chief astrologian's letter to Jannequinard.
- Seek out Leveva in Rathefrost.
- Survey the skies at the location indicated by Leveva.
- Speak with Jannequinard in Ishgard.
- Jannequinard appears to be motioning to you with his eyes. Why he doesn't simply call out your name is both disturbing and relieving at the same time.
- Jannequinard has petitioned the chief astrologian of the Observatorium to write a letter to the Vault recommending that Lady Leveva be granted the opportunity to speak before the conclave. Fearing what Forlemort may do to him were he to appear before his uncle in person, Jannequinard has asked that you travel south in his stead.
- Surprisingly, Forlemort had readied a letter even before your arrival. Unsurprisingly, it was not because he wished to help Jannequinard, but because he wishes to see the astrologian make a complete and utter arse of himself. Still, a recommendation is a recommendation, and Jannequinard will be pleased nonetheless.
- The unexpected aid of the chief astrologian set the cogs in Jannequinard's head turning once again. As such, he has once again chosen to miss Leveva's next lesson, and asked that you travel alone to Rathefrost in Mor Dhona─the location of the next gate opening.
- You arrive in Rathefrost to find Lady Leveva and Quimperain defending a young astrologian from a band of cutthroats. Thanks to your timely intervention, the day is won by your allies. The astrologian thanks you for your aid and Lady Leveva for the constellation map to replace the one destroyed by the bandits. Once the somehow familiar maid has departed, Leveva reminds you of the reason why you are in Mor Dhona, and indicates the spot where you are to survey the skies so that you may open the fifth gate.
- You have attuned with the Ewer. Return to Ishgard and tell Jannequinard of your fourth─or was it fifth?─bandit attack.
- Jannequinard does not seem at all surprised upon learning of the attack. In fact, he is more surprised to learn that someone actually took an interest in his field of study...despite the fact he cannot for the life of him remember who this person might actually be.