Best Laid Schemes
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
|Quest Giver||Ilberd - Eastern Thanalan (x25, y25)|
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|Bait and Switch||The Rising Chorus|
- Collect the confiscated crate.
- Ilberd would like nothing more than to have this incident forgotten.
- Ilberd wishes to join the 1st Unit in their pursuit of the Duskwight sellswords. However, the crate of weapons you and he have confiscated cannot simply be abandoned. He asks that you collect it and deliver it in his stead to Yuyuhase of the 3rd.
- With remarkable ease, you secure the wooden crate filled with weapons. All that remains is to leave it in the care of Yuyuhase, who can be found on the Steps of Thal in Ul'dah.
- You find Yuyuhase conversing with Alianne of the 4th Unit and her subordinate, Wilfred, and place the crate of weapons at their feet. Although Alianne struggles to accept that the single crate is the entirety of the shipment, Yuyuhase dismisses the discrepancy as Riol's failure. After you part ways with the three Braves, Riol steps from the shadows and begs a private audience, though he does not explain why. Seek him out at the Sapphire Avenue Exchange.
- After listening to your account of events at the Burning Wall, Riol shakes his head in disbelief and insists that something is not right. He reiterates his claim that there should have been more weapons, crediting his experience deciphering financial transactions, as he once did for the Crystal Braves to ensure that no funds came from unsanctioned sources-- though such precautions are no longer taken, it would seem. Apologizing for his outburst, he takes his leave, moments before Tataru summons you to Revenant's Toll via linkpearl. Return to the Rising Stones and speak with the receptionist.
- Tataru thanks you for returning so quickly and states that a guest from Ishgard has requested your presence. Given the urgency of the receptionist's summons, it seems likely that the envoy has a dangerous task in mind.