An Unexpected Ambition
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
|Quest Giver||Minfilia - The Rising Stones (x6, y5)|
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|Administrative Decision||Ancient Ways, Timeless Wants|
- Speak with Thubyrgeim.
- Observe Tataru's training south of the Zephyr Gate.
- Speak with Tataru.
- Speak with Thubyrgeim.
- Minfilia is at a loss for words.
- Recalling a conversation with Urianger, Minfilia surmises that Tataru may have taken up the study of arcanima. Despite the young woman's declaration that she will return as receptionist and bodyguard both, the Antecedent cannot help but worry. To put Minfilia's mind at ease, journey to the Arcanists' Guild in Limsa Lominsa and search for Tataru.
- You find Tataru on the practice floor of the Arcanists' Guild, sporting a brand-new ensemble and the same old enthusiastic expression. With obvious pride, she declares that she must undertake a special training exercise at Mistress Thubyrgeim's behest, and hurries off before you can respond. Given the circumstances, it may be prudent to ask the acting guildmaster what manner of training she has asked Tataru to complete.
- Upon learning that you are a friend of Tataru's, Mistress Thubyrgeim shares her concerns regarding the young receptionist's potential as an arcanist-- or lack thereof. She then implores you to oversee Tataru's training outside the city, south of Zephyr Gate, in case something goes awry.
- As you watch from a distance, Tataru approaches several crates in order to conduct a mock inspection. Wild beasts soon approach, and she steels herself for battle-- only to be abandoned by her Carbuncle. Tataru has no choice but to flee, just as you have no choice but to follow.
- Despite your carefully impassive expression, Tataru soon realizes that you bore witness to her shame. Crestfallen, she renounces arcanima and returns to the city. Though the trial ended in failure, Mistress Thubyrgeim shoukd be glad to learn that her student did not come to harm.
- Tataru returns to the guild shortly after you arrive and proceeds to deliver a scathing appraisal of her performance and general aptitude to a bemused Mistress Thubyrgeim. Before your young friend can heap further scorn upon herself, however, the acting guildmaster tells her not to lose sight of her strengths-- to remember that, while there are studies at which she may not excel, there are others to which she is well suited. Though Tataru claims that she will take these words to heart, it is plain that her confidence has been dealt a crushing blow...