Worth Fighting For
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Worth Fighting For
— In-game description
Speak with Mylla.
Speak with Aldis at Hammerlea.
Speak with Mylla in Ul'dah.
- Jenlyns has something-or someone-on his mind.
- You learn from Jenlyns that something appears to be troubling Mylla of late. As a close friend of the First Sword, the paladin encourages you to seek her out and inquire after the source of her consternation.
- Speaking with Mylla, you learn that it is none other than Aldis, recently returned to Ul'dah, who is causing her grief. Before she can go into detail, however, the man himself appears. Having explained that he has been to the Far East to train in the way of the samurai, he challenges you to a duel for old times' sake. The stage is set for Scorpion Crossing in western Thanalan, and you set out to join Aldis there.
- You and Aldis square off. As he prepares to draw his blade, however, a look of awe sweeps over his face. To simply confront you, it would seem, is enough to convince him that he is no match for you, and he abruptly abandons the duel and excuses himself. His uncharacteristic behavior leaves Mylla at a loss for words, and she turns her steps back to the Gladiator's Guild, more confounded than when she left.
- Eventually joining you and Mylla, Aldis apologizes for his behavior. Having thought long and hard on the reason for your strength, he has finally come to realize that which is dearest to him: the Gladiators' Guild. To that end, Aldis declares that he will give up the itinerant life and henceforth remain in Ul'dah to watch over the guild. Though Mylla appears none too impressed by his presumptuousness, you know that deep down, she is glad for his presence. Thus do you take your leave, assured in the knowledge that all will be well in the end.