Jump to navigation Jump to search
A shattered antique vase will not deter Inspector Hildibrand from his mission.
— In-game description
- A shattered antique vase will not deter Inspector Hildibrand from his mission.
- According to Inspector Hildibrand, the vase could be reconstructed with the aid of a certain master goldsmith─a man as fearsome as he is skilled, capable of wielding his hammer as both a tool of creation and destruction. The goldsmith is like to be found in Bluefog, where he often goes to gather his materials. With the aid of your comrades─including the newly recruited Gilgamesh and his loyal companion, Enkidu─begin your search there.
- You find Nashu poking a dead doblyn, which was likely slain by the goldsmith given its wounds. A trail of bloody footprints leads to the north...
- The trail leads you to a dead basilisk, which Gilgamesh observes was slain with a single blow to the head. Fresh tracks lead to the north─and gods only know what else.
- At the end of the trail, you find a dead ahriman and chimera, but naught else, leading Inspector Hildibrand to conclude that the goldsmith is nearby, possibly concealing himself until the party makes its intentions known. Though it pains him greatly, the inspector proclaims that he must perform the dance of House Manderville in order to declare your peaceful intent, and begins to do so at once. Alas, a sudden injury renders him unable to continue, and, left with no other option, he bequeaths knowledge of the dance to you.