Jump to navigation Jump to search
— In-game description
- Summon the goldsmith.
- Give the reconstructed vase to Maria in Vesper Bay.
- Speak with Briardien.
- The time has come for you to do what only a Manderville can.
- Having shared with you the secrets of House Manderville, Inspector Hildibrand now asks that you do what he cannot. Stand before the fallen chimera and dance as only a Manderville can.
- A half-naked Highlander answers your summons and announces himself as Godbert the goldsmith. As he ponders how you came to learn the Manderville, he and Hildibrand lock eyes momentarily, causing the inspector to inexplicably flee the scene. All is explained after Godbert catches up to Hildibrand, though, as the goldsmith proceeds to berate his son in front of all present. Brushing aside his father's legitimate complaints, Hildibrand convinces Godbert to reconstruct the shattered vase. Though the results are less than ideal, perhaps Lady Durilda will be satisfied. Return to Vesper Bay so that Maria can present the vase to her mother.
- Lady Durilda is dissatisfied with the vase until Godbert unexpectedly arrives and reveals that he was the one who reconstructed it. This fact, coupled with the knowledge that he, a member of the Syndicate, Ul'dah's ruling elite, is also Hildibrand's father, is enough to convince the noblewoman to grant the inspector permission to assist with Briardien's investigation. Not only is Inspector Hildibrand unaware of his father's recent rise to power, he is also completely oblivious to how he personally benefited from it, as he simply states that you all must review the facts of the case with Inspector Briardien.