Sounding Out the Amphitheatre
|Quest Giver||Alphinaud - Coerthas Western Highlands (x31, y11)|
Upon speaking with Tristechambel, you will enter a duty fighting sets of enemies alongside Estinien and Alphinaud. It is a straightforward fight in a large arena. Alphinaud will provide support with healing while Estinien provides adequate DPS as a dragoon. He is also likely to pull aggro from most of the enemies so that you can safely attack one by one.
- The first set of enemies consist of Wild-eyed Swordsman, Spear-wielding Heretic, Wild-eyed Mage, and Cane-waving Heretic. Target the Cane-waving Heretic first as he utilizes healing abilities.
- As you kill off a couple of enemies, the second set of enemies enter. Another Cane-waving Heretic enters—eliminate him quickly. Finish off the Mages and Spear-wielding Heretics next.
- Wild-eyed Swordsmen from the second set and from then on will use an ability that transforms their selves into dragon monsters, giving them more strength and HP than usual. However, they do not pose a big threat.
- The final set of enemies consist of more Wild-eyed Swordsmen, and the boss, Louistiaux of the First Line, who is also able to transform. Kill the swordsmen first, and wait for another set of additional enemies to kill off next. Finally, defeat Louistiaux to complete the duty.
- Speak with Tristechambel.
- Defeat the heretics.
- Speak with Estinien.
- Alphinaud seems intent on traveling to the Akh Afah Amphitheatre
- Upon learning that the Akh Afah Amphitheatre may yet harbor your quarry, Alphinaud suggests employing the swiftest means of travel available─the aetheryte found within the Warrens of Snowcloak. Speak with the House Durendaire guard stationed at the tunnel entrance in the western highlands.
- You enter the Akh Afah Amphitheatre, and soon cross paths with its heretical occupants. Though Alphinaud declares his intention to parley, the heretics are not inclined to trust his word, and the encounter quickly devolves into violence─an unwanted conflict from which you and your fellows emerge triumphant yet frustrated. With naught save the parting words of the retreating heretics on which to rely, you have little choice but to investigate the island known as the Dreaming Dragon. Speak with Estinien at the entrance to the Warrens, and plan the next step of your journey.
- Before making for the Dreaming Dragon, Estinien suggests that you visit a group of dragonslayers known as the Convictors who have pitched camp in the region of Twinpools. Speak with the Convictors' leader, Jantellot, and learn what he knows of the heretics and their island lair.
- Your meeting with the honored leader of the Convictors serves to convince you of two things: first, that Jantellot is ignorant of Iceheart's movements, and second, that he is only marginally better informed about those of his own men. After freely admitting that his fellow dragonslayers often fail to share information with him, he invites you to question them yourselves.