From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Davyd is sweating profusely...
— In-game description
- Speak with Mimidoa.
- Wait by the campfire.
- Speak with Davyd.
- Show the corrupted crystal to Ceana.
- Davyd informs you that Mimidoa has come to the Isles of Umbra in search of you. Return to the northern shore and greet the old man.
- According to Mimidoa, a siren is behind the recent troubles. Declaring that the two of you must stop the creature, he furnishes you with a pair of brass earplugs and bids you follow him to the Ship Graveyard.
- You arrive at the Ship Graveyard to find that the grizzled Lalafell has prepared a large campfire. Convinced that the flames will draw the siren to shore, he instructs you to wait with him by the fire until she appears.
- Just as you and Mimidoa are about to drift off to sleep, the siren emerges and begins to sing her beguiling song. Shocked into wakefulness, you plug your ears just in time to prevent the creature from luring you to a watery grave. Finding that her words have fallen on hastily deafened ears, she proceeds to send wave after wave of undead thralls to assail you in vain, before at last relenting and retreating to the depths whence she came. Find out if Mimidoa is still in possession of his wits.
- To your great relief, Mimidoa is unharmed and in good spirits. The redoubtable old Lalafell applauds you on your performance, and proclaims that the siren will not risk returning to the Isles of Umbra for some time. Return to Davyd and tell him that the siren is no longer a threat.
- Davyd is both shocked and relieved to hear your tale, and he rewards you with the corrupted shard as promised. Return to Aleport and present the shard to Ceana.
- Betraying no hint of sympathy, Ceana reveals that the corrupted shard is the manifestation of an over-abundance of the element of fire, and tht it will do little if anything to tame the element of wind. It would seem that your adventures in Aleport have been a waste of time.