From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Paiyo Reiyo looks as though he has seen a ghost.
— In-game description
- Paiyo Reiyo has received a wedding invitation from a former adventuring comrade, a lass named Edda with whom you are acquainted. While impending matrimonal festivities would ordinarily be a cause for gladness, the fact that the groom-to-be is no longer among the living has left the Lalafell deeply perturbed. Paiyo Reiyo indicates that he means to consult a former comrade and fellow invitee regarding the strange affair, only to learn from you that she, too, has been dead for some time. Racked by uncertainty, he requests to see Liavinne's grave with his own eyes. Meet Paiyo Reiyo at the Church of Saint Adama Landama, and show him where your fellow Scion was laid to rest.
- Arriving at the lichyard, Paiyo Reiyo is dismayed to find Liavinne's grave despoiled and her body missing. He believes that Edda is the one responsible, having lost her battle with despair in the aftermath of her fiance's death. The Lalafell departs for the Tam-Tara Deepcroft forthwith, determined to put an end to whatever madness his erstwhile comrade is about to commit. Given Edda's admiration for you, it seems likely that your presence will prove valuable to this endeavor. Make your own way to the Deepcroft, and speak with the Wood Wailer guarding the entrance.
- Huguemont informs you that a Lalafell fitting Paiyo Reiyo's description recently entered the Deepcroft, and in the company of a maiden garbed all in white. Venture into the crypt, and aid Paiyo Reiyo in ending Edda's madness.
※The Tam-Tara Deepcroft (Hard) can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- Within the depths of Tam-Tara, you come face-to-face with Edda, and succeed in thwarting her dark ritual. Her plummet into the abyss is a sight you will not soon forget. Turn your attention now to Paiyo Reiyo.
- With the unsavory affair put to rest, Paiyo Reiyo reveals that he has lost the will to continue adventuring. Before he is able to finish speaking, however, he abruptly breaks into a flurry of apologies, and flees like a man possessed. It would seem the Lalafell's troubles are not yet over...