Worse than Dragons
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Worse than Dragons
Marcechamp would give you fair warning about what awaits to the west.
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- 1 Holy Rainbow Shirt of Aiming
- 1 Holy Rainbow Shirt of Healing
- 1 Holy Rainbow Shirt of Casting
- 5 Allagan Silver Piece
- Speak with Ysayle.
- Proceed to the Stained One, defeating any foes who stand in your way.
- Press on to the Stained One.
- Marcechamp tells you of the beast tribe known as the Gnath, and of their recent acts of unprovoked hostility. According to the hunter, no one in the region -- not even the mighty Dravanians -- has been spared the insect-like people's aggression. Ask Ysayle how this development might affect your plans.
- Ysayle recalls how she came to stay in the village of Tailfeather some years before, during which period the Gnath seemed a territorial but otherwise passive tribe. Unconcerned by the recent change in the beastmen's behavior, Estinien urges the party to cut a straight path through to Sohm Al. Follow the forest trail to the Stained One, and defeat any foes who stand in your way.
- On the way to the Stained One, you are set upon by the Gnath, but soon give them cause to regret their choice of target. Press on towards your destination, eliminating any who seek to bar your path.
- After advancing what feels like no more than a few yalms, you are set upon by another party of Gnath -- who fare little better than their predecessors. Stay on the trail, and make for the Stained One where you are to rendezvous with Alphinaud and the others.
- You arrive at the ruins, and are soon joined by the rest of your companions. When Ysayle claims that the site is a remnant of the age when her ancestors and the Dravanians lived in harmony, Estinien accuses her of peddling heretic falsehoods, prompting an exasperated Alphinaud to step in. After demanding that the pair set aside their differences for the good of the mission, he declares that their debate will presently be settled by the indisputable visions granted you by the Echo. Though you know that your gift is rarely so obliging, you say nothing. It is time to move on.