The Face of Thal
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
The Face of Thal
First Sword Mylla has an urgent task for you.
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- Aid the injured gladiator at the Coffer & Coffin in central Thanalan.
- Find and speak with any witnesses. 0/2
- Search the point of ambush for evidence.
- Speak with the injured gladiator.
- Show the scorpion ring to Wymond in Ul'dah.
- Report to Mylla.
- Rendezvous with Mylla at the Silver Bazaar in western Thanalan.
- Speak with Mylla at the Gladiators' Guild.
- One of your guildmates has been attacked by an unknown assailant and requires immediate assistance. Mylla bids you search for him at the Coffer & Coffin in central Thanalan and offer whatever assistance you can.
- Though the potion is enough to save your comrade's life, it will take some time for him to make a full recovery. In the meantime, he asks you to find and speak with any witnesses in the vicinity, as well as search the point of ambush so that you can identify the assailant.
- Your search yields a potential sighting, as well as a strange ring, engraved with the likeness of a scorpion. Present your findings to the injured gladiator.
- Believing the ring to be an important clue, the gladiator suggests that you show it to Wymond, an independent businessman known to possess knowledge on a wide variety of subjects. Speak with Wymond on the Steps of Nald in Ul'dah.
- Wymond informs you that the ring is worn by members of the Alacran, a notorious criminal organization. Return to the Gladiators' Guild and tell Mylla everything you have learned.
- Moments after you return to make your report, Aldis once again bursts into the guild, much to Mylla's chagrin. He admits that he is the target of the bounty hunters, and urges the guildmaster to leave the Alacran to him. However, Mylla refuses to heed his counsel and declares that the Gladiators' Guild will confront the bandits at the Silver Bazaar. Make your preparations for the coming battle and rendezvous with Mylla in western Thanalan.
- After repelling the attackers, you and your comrades are confronted by more members of the Alacran, who are led by a man armed with a blade resembling Aldis's. While the encounter did not result in bloodshed, it has left Mylla shaken to the core. Return to the Gladiators' Guild and see if she is all right.
- At the guild, Aldis explains that Leavold, his former Coliseum partner, has taken control of the Alacran and transformed them from a gang of common thieves into the most feared criminal organization in Thanalan. However, Mylla insists that the Leavold she once knew would never do such terrible things. As you witness the exchange between the two of them, you cannot help but wonder what terrible twist of fate tore the three friends apart seven long years ago.
- ※ The next gladiator quest will be available from Mylla upon reaching level 25.