Shock and Awe
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
|Quest Giver||Terrified Refugee - Central Thanalan (x25, y15)|
|Reward|| 4800 686 |
, , , (x2)
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|Desperate Times||Reap the Whirlwind|
- Search the caves south of Lost Hope for the other refugees.
- Speak with the desperate refugee.
- Speak with the terrified refugee.
- Search Stonesthrow for the merchant.
- Report to Swift at the Hall of Flames.
- The terrified refugee would have you find his brethren and convince them to lay down their arms.
- The survivor believes that the other refugees will lay down their arms if they see firsthand that they cannot stand against veteran warriors. To that end, he asks you to seek them out in the caves south of Lost Hope and challenge their leaders, twin sellswords, to combat and defeat them as all watch.
- Though you came to make an example of the twins, the refugees refuse to stand aside. Only after you subdue five of their number do the sellswords appear. Fortunately, their defeat seems to have had the desired effect. Speak with the desperate refugee, and confirm that he has taken your lesson to heart.
- The refugee falls to his knees in despair, his will to fight broken. Inform the survivor in Lost Hope of all that has transpired.
- Though saddened to learn that his comrades forced your hand, the survivor is grateful for your intervention. He is, however, concerned that the merchant will attempt to recruit more desperate refugees, perpetuating the bloodshed. Recalling that the merchant wished to approach the people of Stonesthrow, the survivor bids you continue your search there.
- You find yourself drawn to a sobbing child, who tells you of a man who visited Stonesthrow and persuaded a number of people, including her parents, to leave with him. The child's account strongly suggests that it was the selfsame merchant who visited Lost Hope, but it offers no clue as to his current whereabouts. Return to the Hall of Flames in Ul'dah and share your findings with Commander Swift.
- Commander Swift is full glad to hear that you convinced the refugees of Lost Hope to lay down their arms. That joy soon gives way to anger as you share the revelation that a single merchant has influenced recent events so greatly. The high flame commander declares that the merchant must be apprehended at once; doubtless he desires your help in this endeavor.