Jump to navigation Jump to search
The people of Ishgard are in high spirits, for another heretic has answered for his crimes.
— In-game description
- Go talk to the Ishgardian Citizen - The Pillars (x13, y8) for the quest titled: A Dark Spectacle.
- Listen to what he says. When prompted, choose "Press him for details". The quest "A Dark Spectacle" is nothing more than a discussion quest. Once completed, talked to the Ishgardian Citizen again to get the quest Our End.
- Once you have the quest Our End you must search for the Temple Knights in Brume. Use the Aethernet Shard to teleport from The Tribunal to The Brume.
- The Knight you seek is the Punctilious Temple Knight at (x11.3, Y12.1) - Talking to him sends you into a cut scene.
- Once you are out of the cut scene, speak with Fray.
- Search for the Temple Knights in the Brume.
- Speak with Fray.
- The people of Ishgard are in high spirits, for another heretic has answered for his crimes.
- Justice has been done this day, as another trial by combat has concluded. According to one spectator, it was a fight for the ages, as the accused wielded a massive sword and worked his dark arts against his foe. In the end, however, he was no match for his opponent, who ran him through to a chorus of cheers. Seeing no need to afford the man a proper burial, the Temple Knights mean to dispose of the corpse by leaving it in the Brume. Intrigued by the spectator's account, you consider seeking out the knights and seeing this "demon" for yourself.
- Kneeling before the body, you spy a crystal, and reach out to claim it. All at once, your body trembles, and a strangely familiar voice echoes in your ears. You collapse, and when you open your eyes, you find the man standing before you, hale and healthy. He calls himself Fray, and it would seem that reports of his death were greatly exaggerated. He is intrigued when you tell him of the voice you heard, but before you can continue, a cry from the streets below draws your attention. You turn to leave, but Fray bars your path and insists that you discuss the "changes" you are undergoing due to touching his crystal.
- The freedom to follow your heart—to defend the weak and punish the guilty as you see fit. This is the way for the dark knight, and Fray offers to teach you. You need only accept his guidance.