— In-game description
- 5 Antidote
- Optional rewards
- Question the people of Bentbranch Meadows. 0/3
- Speak with Luquelot.
- Subdue the thief, and take back Leia's egg.
- Retrieve Leia's egg.
- Speak with Luquelot.
- The lost chocobo egg appears to be of great importance to Luquelot. Question the people of Bentbranch Meadows and see what clues you can uncover as to its whereabouts.
- You have finished questioning the ranch workers. Report your findings to Luquelot.
- The egg thief appears to be a man from Luquelot's homeland of Ishgard. Follow the thief's trail to the Tam-Tara Deepcroft, and retrieve Leia's egg.
- You emerge victorious from your confrontation with the egg thief. Take possession of Leia's egg.
- Return Leia's egg to Luquelot at Bentbranch Meadows.
- You have retrieved Leia's egg and returned it to Bentbranch Meadows, much to the relief of everyone at the ranch. Speak with Luquelot, who will doubtless want to reward you.
- Having thanked you profusely for your assistance, Luquelot reveals that he bore witness to a most alarming sight while you were away. Given the obvious depth of his concern, it may be wise to ask the worried Elezen to relate the details.
Luquelot: Do you have the egg!? Is it safe!?
You hand over Leia's egg.
[Unvoiced Cutscene START]
Luquelot: Yes, it has the right coloring, the right weight... It is most definitely Leia's egg.
Luquelot: I know not how to thank you.
Keitha: You had me worried for a bit there, Agnes. 'Tis good to see you and the egg back safe and sound.
Luquelot: ...So I was correct in my assumption that an Ishgardian was involved─albeit one who did not, in fact, make off with the egg. Well, I could hardly have anticipated the intervention of a moogle!
Keitha: Bugger me... It couldn't be the same one...could it?
Luquelot: Might you have encountered our unlikely savior before, Keitha?
Keitha: Could be, aye. One of 'em saved my hide back when the Calamity struck.
Keitha: I was in a part of the woods what we now call the Standin' Corses that day. Seemed like the whole bleedin' forest was ablaze, and I couldn't see a yalm in front of me for all the smoke. Well-nigh given up hope, I had.
Keitha: Then, all of a sudden, a moogle appears out of nowhere, tugs at me smolderin' sleeve, and leads me straight to a bit of the wood where the fire hadn't taken hold.
Keitha: And now you know why the business is named “Moogle's Gift Mounts.” Seemed like the least I could do. I'd be dead if it weren't for that plucky little bugger.
Luquelot: Incredible. It may well be that the moogle has stood vigil over us ever since that day...
Keitha: Ha! We'd better get back to work, then. Wouldn't want to go lettin' our guardian angel down, would we? [Forename], you have our thanks. Oh, and I believe Luquelot wants to give you a little somethin' for your troubles.
[Unvoiced Cutscene END]
Luquelot: Leia's egg is irreplaceable. I cannot well express to you the depth of my gratitude.
Luquelot: And yet, I find that I am still troubled... While this whole regrettable episode unfolded, I bore witness to a sight that greatly concerned me...
Speaking to Luquelot after accepting the next Main Scenario Quest Dread Is in the Air:
Luquelot: Have I mentioned that Leia's egg has hatched? We have yet to settle on a name, but the chick is healthy, spirited, and incurably inquisitive. She will receive the finest care, and shall one day grow into an exceptional chocobo.