In a Manor of Spooking
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
- Main article: All Saints' Wake (2016)
In a Manor of Spooking
— In-game description
- Speak to the enthralling illusionist.
- Speak with Jemime at the Goldsmiths' Guild.
- Speak with the distracted harlequin at the Culinarians' Guild.
- Speak with Corgg at the Carpenters' Guild.
- Deliver the grotesque candelabras and pumpkin lanterns to the enthralling illusionist.
- Lie in wait at the designated location.
- Report to the Adventurers' Guild investigator.
- Speak with the enthralling illusionist.
- Obtain a pumpkin cookie from the Haunted Manor, and present it to the Adventurers' Guild investigator. 0/1
- An investigator from the Adventurers' Guild has asked your help in uncovering the nefarious plans of the Continental Circus─a troupe of mischievous fiends disguised as entertainers. Approach the illusionist in Mih Khetto's Amphitheatre, and learn what you can of their impending devilry.
※Please note that you will be unable to complete this quest after the seasonal event has ended. For details, please check the Lodestone.
- Suspiciously eager to accept your offer of aid, the Continental Circus illusionist asks that you help prepare for the opening of their haunted manor. Your tasks will take you to the Goldsmiths' Guild in Ul'dah, the Culinarians' Guild in Limsa Lominsa, and the Carpenters' Guild in Gridania.
- You have collected the commissions, and spoken with the distracted circus member. Return to the illusionist in Old Gridania and deliver the requested items.
- You hand over the commissions to the waiting illusionist. She bids you wait in the area for your reward whilst she is busy organizing the final preparations. Almost immediately following this exchange however, a mysterious voice urges you to visit the place where they “work the hides of dead things” if you care for the fate of the living...
- You linger outside the Leatherworkers' Guild, not sure what to expect, when you witness the arrival of the illusionist. She is soon joined by the Impresario, and, after checking to see that they are alone, they both revert to their true impish forms. They proceed to discuss their plans for the haunted manor, and of how the terror they induce within its walls will be used to call down a new Night of Devilry. Return to the investigator near the amphitheatre and report this vile scheme.
- Once he has digested the details of the imps' plans, the investigator is quick to proffer a solution: convince the people that the horrors within the manor are clever illusions so that their fear will be replaced with amusement. Wishing to know more of what waits inside the haunted house, the investigator then requests that you conduct a thorough investigation of its ghostly halls. Speak once more with the illusionist, and gain entrance to the manor.
- After thanking you for your assistance with the preparations, the illusionist suggests that you pay a visit to a harlequin guide if you wish to enter the haunted house. Find one of the informative circus members in either the amphitheatre or the Acorn Orchard, and learn the nature of the manor's “amusements.” Once you have explored its ghastly rooms, return to the Adventurers' Guild investigator with the evidence of your experience.
- You explain to the investigator how the amusements inside the manor were designed to instill fear in unsuspecting visitors. He examines one of the cookies you earned from enduring the entertainment, and is grudgingly impressed by the imps' diabolical plan. Upon witnessing the jubilant reactions of a mother and her child after their return from the haunted house, however, the guild member concludes that his rumors have had their intended effect. And fortunately, it seems that the circus members are none the wiser for your interference.
Once more the mysterious voice reaches your ears, and commends you for preserving the joyful atmosphere of All Saints' Wake...