In Crimson It Began
In Crimson It Began
Pipin is looking forward to the assault on Castellum Velodyna.
— In-game description
- Speak with Pipin.
- Aid the Resistance and find your comrades!
- Defeat Zenos yae Galvus!
- Speak with Raubahn.
- Pipin is looking forward to the assault on Castellum Velodyna.
- Mindful that intelligence is the key to any successful operation, Pipin would have you, Alphinaud, and Alisaie accompany him on a reconnaissance mission. Your destination is a cliff to the north of Castellum Velodyna, which should afford you an excellent view of the imperial installation.
- Your mission is interrupted by the sound of cannon fire from the east. You turn to see a column of smoke on the horizon...rising from Rhalgr's Reach, you realize, with dawning horror. Alphinaud's attempts to contact your comrades via linkpearl are unsuccessful, all but confirming your suspicions that a coordinated attack is underway. With no other recourse, you abort your mission and race back to the Resistance stronghold.
- Outside Rhalgr's Reach, you encounter a number of fleeing Resistance fighters, as well as Krile and Arenvald. They tell you of the chaos within the valley, of imperial soldiers cutting people down left and right, and of a last desperate stand by Conrad and the others. His face grim, Alphinaud declares your place is in the Reach, and so, joined by Krile, you press on into the bloodbath.
- Aided by your comrades, you manage to beat back the imperial forces and reach your comrades. Lyse is unharmed, and Conrad merely unconscious, but Y'shtola is on the verge of death, her lifeblood pooling beneath her prostrate form. You turn to confront the man who dealt the blow: Zenos yae Galvus, the imperial viceroy himself. Lamenting the disappointment that was your comrades' performance, he raises his blade and bids you entertain him.
- Though you endure Zenos's onslaught far longer than Pipin and Alisaie, even you are no match for him. With a flourish, the viceroy sends you flying─the only testament to your resilience the broken blade he flings to the earth as he turns his back on you and walks away. Raubahn and his Immortal Flames soon arrive, but he has seen enough death for one day, and orders his men to let the imperials withdraw and instead attend to the wounded.
- After taking in the carnage in silence, Raubahn reminds you that your actions saved lives, and that you should remember that, no matter what happens. Yet having come face-to-face with the crown prince himself, having seen the superhuman feats of which he is capable, you know exactly what it is that you will remember...
The solo duty here has two phases. During the first phase, simply follow your party around and kill enemies until you get to the imperial captain Fordola rem Lupis. Upon defeating her, some cutscenes will begin, with phase two afterwards.
During the second phase, you will face off against Zenos Yae Galvus, who cannot be defeated. For this phase, you must instead survive a sufficient period of time by killing swords placed around the area and/or avoiding AoE attacks. You must deal a minor percent of damage to trigger the next cut scene and complete the quest. If you notice you are running the timer out without completing it, try dealing more damage to him (keep in mind your damage is reduced significantly).
Note: If you are experiencing the inability to target enemies during the first phase. Then retry the quest and allow the party to run ahead first before running to the next fight.