— In-game description
- 1798 Company Seal
The North American and European datacenters primarily use Party Finder to challenge (Extreme) content. Using Duty Finder to match with random, unprepared players is not recommended and will be more difficult than pre-forming a party.
- Re-attune to the aetheryte at Natalan.
- Use the Duty Finder to confront Garuda in the Howling Eye (Extreme).
- Bring the vortex ritual focus to Vorsaile Heuloix at the Adders' Nest in Gridania.
- Deliver the vortex ritual focus to Urianger at the Waking Sands in Vesper Bay.
- Commander Vorsaile Heuloix wishes to send you against the latest incarnation of Garuda.
- After briefing you on the unusually potent manifestation of the primal, Commander Heuloix bids you confront Garuda in her domain in the Howling Eye. Travel to the Coerthas central highlands and battle your way to the beastman aetheryte deep within Natalan.
- You have fought past the ranks of the Ixal to once more stand before the Natalan Aetheryte. Assemble your companions, and do battle with the Lady of the Vortex!
- The Howling Eye (Extreme) can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have defeated the primal Garuda and obtained a strange object fashioned of bone.
- Deliver the bone curiosity to Commander Heuloix at the Adders' Nest in Gridania, and inform him of your success against the primal Garuda.
- Commander Heuloix surmises that the unsettling memento you retrived from the Howling Eye is likely some manner of ritual object. Return to the Waking Sands in Vesper Bay, and consult with Urianger on the nature of your grisly trophy.
- You deliver the ritual focus to Urianger, and the scholarly Elezen surmises that Garuda's enhanced powers are likely the result of an altered rite of summoning. Doubting the Ixal's willingness to meddle in the traditional ritual, Urianger suspects the involvement of the chaos-breeding Ascians. As if to underscore his suspicions, the Scion prepares to tell you of yet another primal threat...