Jump to navigation Jump to search
Matoya is in a mood to reminisce.
— In-game description
- Speak with Matoya.
- Speak with the enchanted broom.
- Matoya shares with you the tale of her work on a device known as an aetheric converger, and how it led to a bitter falling-out between her and her peers. The fruits of her research were apparently compiled within a tome which now lies sealed within the Great Gubal Library, and you must overcome the dangers within if you wish to retrieve it. Ask Matoya for further instructions.
- Matoya loans you one of her servants to guide you to the Great Library and unlock its long-sealed doors. Make yourself known to this servant -- a broom.
- Having introduced himself as Broomsy, the surprisingly eloquent sweeping implement furnishes you with directions to the Great Library. Upon leaving Matoya's Cave, you are to make your way east; the library building will come into view upon gaining the collapsed bridge. Speak with Broomsy when you arrive, and he will unlock the door for you.
- The Great Gubal Library is ready to receive its first visitors in fifteen years. Brave the dangers within and retrieve Matoya's tome.
※The Great Gubal Library can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You have survived the trials within the Great Gubal Library. Make your way back to the outside world.
- Upon defeating the library's final guardian, the Crystal of Water regains the power of the Light. Soon after, you find what you can only assume is Matoya's tome on the aetheric converger. Bear the book back to Matoya, who awaits you within her cave.
- Matoya confirms that you have retrieved the correct tome. All that remains is to put the knowledge it contains to use.