Crazy Enough to Work
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Crazy Enough to Work
— In-game description
- Speak with Tiggy.
- Calling upon wisdom she gained through a lengthy relationship with a thaumaturge, Maerwynn explains that the ore used to create a chert golem would surely prove irresistible to Giggity. She proffers this suggestion due to the serendipitous appearance of a chert golem not far from the gates to the Sylphlands. Should you lie in wait for an extended period of time, the construct is sure to appear.
- After dealing the errant golem a right thrashing, you now find yourself in possession of a golem soulstone. However, in its current state, it will not serve as bait. In accordance with Maerwynn's instructions, you must journey to Amberscle Rock in the Central Shroud, and rub the soulstone against the giant concentration of amber in order to dispel the enchantements woven into the chunk of true heart ore.
- Through a series of bizarre and rather random actions, you have obtained a chunk of true heart ore. Your new prize is being eyed hungrily by Tiggy the spriggan, who apparently followed you to Amberscale Rock. Explain your strategy to the spriggan before he attempts to devour your ore.
- Tiggy is delighted to learn of your plans, and tells you that the ravenous Giggity is presently lurking within the Spriggan Dig. Make your way into the lair of the spriggans and use the true heart to lure out and slay Giggity.
- The furry inhabitants of the Spriggan Dig can at last breathe a collective sigh of relief, for the notorious Giggity has finally fallen. In a primal frenzy, you rip and tear open the spriggan's huge guts and claim the corrupted crystal nestled deep within. Present your prize to Hedyn so that he can confirm it is the crystal you seek.
- Hedyn confirms that the foul-smelling, offal-laden crystal is comprised of ice-aspected aether. To your chagrin, you learn that you cannot cleanse the crystal of the spriggan entrails, as the thick coating of digestive juices is the only thing protecting you from the crystal's detrimental effects. Hopefully Cid will have developed a less irksome way to do the same...