Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ansaulme is agonizing over how to reclaim his birthright.
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- Speak with Mogukk to the north of Moghome.
- Speak with Ansaulme in the Sea of Clouds.
- Give the polished rod to the Vanu fisherman Tona Vanu.
- Mooch a Catkiller.
- Deliver the Catkiller to Ansaulme in Voor Sian Siran.
- Ansaulme is agonizing over how to reclaim his birthright.
- Just as you engage Ansaulme in conversation, Reyna enters with uncharacteristic solemnity and reveals that Ansaulme's brother has asked her to assassinate him. Ansaulme is surprisingly pleased by this development, reasoning that his smallfolk will be safer if his brother's ire is directed at him. However, on learning that the lord regent also plans to lay waste to House Rougecarpe's ancestral fishing holes, his resolve to oust his brother hardens.
- In order to assume his lordship, he would need to prove his identity beyond doubt, and the only way to do so is to present the Rougecarpe Ring─the ancient treasure of his house passed down from father to son since time immemorial. Unfortunately, Ansaulme accidentally gifted this ring to the Sea of Clouds, where it was swallowed by a passing cloudfish. Trusting in the proclivity of fishermen to boast about any unusual catch, he bids you return to Dravania and ask your moogle friend Mogukk if he has heard any word of a ring being found in a fish.
- You speak with Mogukk, who knows the story all too well, for it was he who caught the fish that swallowed Ansaulme's ring. Unfortunately, he lost the ring in a wager with a large, beaked beastman. He bids you return to Ansaulme and apologize for the loss of the ring on his behalf.
- Ansaulme recognizes the beaked beastman from Mogukk's tale as a Vanu Vanu, a race of birdmen native to the Abalathian Sea of Clouds. He bids you join him in Camp Cloudtop to track down the feathered fisherman.
- You meet with Ansaulme in the Sea of Clouds, who informs you that a Vanu fisherman has been sighted on a floating island to the east. Knowing that the Vanu Vanu are wary of outsiders, he has brought a highly polished rod to give to the beastman by way of breaking the ice. Track down the Vanu fisherman and present him with Ansaulme's gift.
- You give the rod to Tona Vanu and convince him to part with the Rougecarpe Ring. Unfortunately, he has already done so─the ring has again been swallowed by a ferocious fish. The only way to retrieve it is to catch the catkiller in question. Catch a bullfrog in the Eddies, then mooch with it to catch the catkiller. Ansaulme anxiously awaits your return in Voor Sian Siran.
- You present the catkiller to Ansaulme, and after a quick incision from Tona Vanu's knife, the Rougecarpe Ring is reclaimed. In recognition of your commitment to the angling art, Tona Vanu grants you the use of his floating fishing hole. As Ansaulme prepares to reclaim his rightful seat and secure the safety of his people, the party gazes over the peaceful pool─an angler's paradise, cut off from the worries of the world, where fishing fanatics can practice their pastime in peace.
- ※ The next fisher quest will be available from Sisipu once you have met the following requirements:
- ※ You must have registered a product key for FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood to your service account.
- ※ You must have completed the main scenario quest "The Far Edge of Fate."