All Things in Time
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
All Things in Time
F'lhaminn awaits your assistance.
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- 1 Gatherer's Guerdon Materia IV
- 1 Gatherer's Guile Materia IV
- 1 Gatherer's Grasp Materia IV
- 1 Allagan Silver Piece
- Lie in wait for the garungatch.
- The remaining ingredient F'lhaminn's perfume requires is pristine salamander oil, which can only be obtained from the belly of a gurangatch, a species of wavekin found in upper La Noscea's Bronze Lake. Unfortunately, the creatures are notoriously elusive, and will need to be lured out of hiding. Journey to Bronze Lake and slay three mud pugils for use as bait.
- Gazing upon the foul-smelling pugil carcasses is enough to deprive you of any lingering appetite. You can only hope that the gurangatch will regard them more favorably. Place the bait at the water's edge in gurangatch territory and find out if your quarry's tastes truly are so different from your own.
- The trap now set, you can but wait and hope. Retreat to a safe distance and bide your time.
- As if to confirm the fundamental differences between the palates of your respective species, the pugil carcasses prove irresistible to a truly gigantic gurangatch, which you duly slay. While you set about the nauseating task of scraping the creature's belly oil into a flask, you ponder what manner of individual first thought to use the secretions in a perfume... Push such irrelevant musings aside and deliver the fetid fruits of your labors to F'lhaminn in Wineport.
- F'lhaminn requires only a brief moment to finish her perfume. Her preparations complete, she agrees to accompany you and Alphinaud to Vesper Bay. Return to the Waking Sands and seek an audience with Minfilia.
- Upon seeing Alphinaud escort F'lhaminn into the solar, Minfilia rushes forward to embrace her long-lost mother, overjoyed to learn that reports of her death were indeed exaggerated. During their tearful reunion, Minfilia explains that her father was once a member of the Ala Mhigan Resistance, and that following his death in a tragic accident, F'lhaminn raised her as her own. After praising Minfilia for her victories over the Empire, F'lhaminn states that the Scions must leave Ul'dah behind if they are to continue their work. Agreeing at last to Alphinaud's proposal, a reinvigorated Minfilia declares that the order will quit Vesper Bay and establish a new headquarters in Revenant's Toll.