The Wages of Mercy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Wages of Mercy
Shifting uneasily from side to side, the Temple Knight struggles to meet your gaze.
— In-game description
- Speak with the unflinching Temple Knight south of the Behemoth's Dominion.
- Speak with the unflinching Temple Knight.
- Speak with Sidurgu in Ishgard.
- Shifting uneasily from side to side, the Temple Knight struggles to meet your gaze.
- Apologizing for misjudging your character, the Temple Knight implores you to accompany him to the Behemoth's Dominion, as he has urgent need of one with your skills. Oblige the knight and lend what assistance you can.
- Away from Whitebrim Front, the Temple Knight reveals his true intentions: to execute you for your crimes against his order. His comrades charge, swords bared, and so you have no choice but to defend yourself. After a brief struggle, you are once more left alone with the knight.
- Even as he trembles with fear, the Temple Knight remains defiant, swearing to expose you for the abomination you are, even if it costs him his life. In that moment, a tall dark stranger approaches, offering to kill the knight in your stead. Before you can answer, the knight flees, leaving you with the stranger, who names himself Sidurgu, a dark knight who trained with Fray. Intrigued by your potential, he invites you to join him at the Forgotten Knight in Ishgard, where you might continue your conversation.
- Recounting the story of the first dark knight, Sidurgu stresses that to walk his path is to live forever as an outcast. Presenting you with the sword of the man who tried to murder you, he declares that mercy is wasted on your foes. To further emphasize his point, he tells you of how the first Auri refugees to flee the imperial armies were attacked by Ishgardians, having been mistaken for Dravanians, and that even though the Au Ra showed mercy, the Ishgardians returned and slaughtered them all. As his voice trembles with rage, you take note of the young girl at his side. Though she avoids your gaze, you sense that she is watching you with a curious intensity...