Speak Softly to Me
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Speak Softly to Me
Maucolyn's teeth are chattering from something other than cold, and he has the beseeching look of one seeking an adventurer's cure to a nasty ill.
— In-game description
- Locate the source of the voice.
- /rally the snowman.
- /soothe the snowman.
- /cheer the snowman.
- /blowkiss at the snowman.
- say /goodbye to the snowman.
- Report to Maucolyn.
- Maucolyn's teeth are chattering from something other than cold, and he has the beseeching look of one seeking an adventurer's cure to a nasty ill.
- Maucolyn's visit to the snowhouse has given him a bad fright. A voice without a mouth is troubling indeed, and you have been tasked with discovering what it is that speaks in the icy shelter.
- The speaker is a melting snowman, built by some knight in a carefree moment. Its sorrow at the impending thaw has given it voice. Reach across the vast gulf of common sense and /rally the snowman.
- Your discomfort with this relationship is all too obvious. The snowman is affrotned, and you fear the anger will further unfreeze his flesh. /soothe him or you shall be responsible for his sad demise.
- Well played; desperation has birthed many great moments in acting. The snowman is in an expansive mood, though still melancholy. Unearth your inner lickspittle and /cheer him with all your heart.
- Sometimes, passions burn the brightest when the end is near. His ardor enkindled by your lusty cheer, the snowman demands you /blowkiss to him as proof of your fondness.
- In a few minutes with you, the snowman has lived a lifetime-- and now he is ready to go quietly into that good night. Tell him /goodbye.
- The snowman subsides into silence. Tears prickle your eyelids but do not weep, for you know the pain of frostbitten cheeks. Maucolyn will learn the truth, and mayhap weep in your stead.
- Maucolyn happily dismisses the talking snowman as a youthful prank. A happy customer means a job well done, but your heart tells you it was no mummery.